Maingate Abuse

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Maingate Abuse

Post by NemoRanger » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:05 pm

I have to vent a little

I was working the CM entrance when a SG CM came up from behind me and DEMANDED (not nicely asked) that I get her guest in Right away as she was a very busy person and needed to get to work.

I smiled and told her I would but it would be a minute as I helped the other people waiting ahead of her friends. While I was helping the other guest one of those survey CM came over and asked for her zip. The CM proceeded how she would NOT give her zip because she was CM and VERY VERY Busy. The survey lady said she just needed a zip and nothing more. Again she got the HAND and said I am way to busy, leave me alone. So the Survey lady shrugged and walked away. This PISSED me off. So I decided to slow down.

Thankfully when I started to process her family my printer jammed. So I told them to wait and casually strolled to see a coordinator. When he found out she was rude, he took his time getting over.

Anyways, she was very upset but we got her family through. I knew she had to leave for work so I asked if there were her parents? Judging by the age it was obvious they were not. However she said yes and procced to stand around and chat in Arabic.

What she didn't know is that I may look like a goofy white boy but I grew up in Saudia Arabia and while I am no longer fluent I still remember enough to pick up what is being talked about. Basically, she got in her Aunt and Uncle and nephew. As a thank you they stopped at the outlet mall and bought her a coach bag and some other goodies.

They went on chatting for a good 10minutes right behind me. All the while I think for a woman to busy to give her zip code she sure has a lot of time to talk to people who gave her a coach bag.

Now, I am annoyed. I grabbed a manager and explained the situation. Thankfully she is still chatting away with her family. He went over and had a little chat with her and wrote some stuff down. She then walks into the park with the group. A few minutes later I see her exiting alone. I told the manager who thanked me and then left

I really hope she gets terminated or at least a reprimand.

I feel very strong that CM should NEVER be rude and disrespectful to fellow CM. We put up with enough shit from paying guest. I should not have to deal with CM shit.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Maingate Abuse

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:59 pm

NemoRanger wrote:I feel very strong that CM should NEVER be rude and disrespectful to fellow CM. We put up with enough shit from paying guest. I should not have to deal with CM shit.
I rarely cuss, to the point where peoples ears generally fall off the first time they hear it happen. There is no better way of putting what you said.

Sadly you will never know what happened. I hope your manager is the type to back you up.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Maingate Abuse

Post by 5th Dimension » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:33 pm

So a guy comes up to me while I was at distribution. He went to AK earlier in the day and got Fastpasses for Everest. He was in Studios now. He asked if he could trade Everest FP for my attraction because the FP machine was telling him that he couldn't get any more FP. Then he says to me "well, I'm a cast member" :rolleyes: like that's going to motivate me to do what you want. I told him to put his ticket into the machine and see what it says. He used his main gate, and it turns out that he just got a FP for another ride. Ugh.