Refillable Resort Mugs at Parks

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Refillable Resort Mugs at Parks

Post by Alyssa3467 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:48 am

Silly Board X, that's not what UPCs are for. :p:
avengador1 wrote:I thought they were supposed to have implemented the smart mugs with imbeded RFID chips, maybe this has changed. I found this information on another website.
Disney has added a new UPC bar coding system to the self-serve refill stations that, for the first time, controls a previously unenforced policy. Although the refillable mug program has always been advertised as available during an actual length of stay that allows guests to refill their mugs during their trip, in reality, guests often brought their mugs back on subsequent trips to refill them free of charge. With the UPC code tied to a guest's hotel reservation, this new system closes this loophole altogether. That is, once your stay has ended, your mug is no longer refillable. Those mugs you bought on previous visits won't work next time you vacation at WDW.

Another loophole that may close with this new system is that you might not be able to use your mug at any other resort except at the one you are staying. For example, if you stay at one of the resorts for a few days and purchase a mug there, and then you move over to another resort for the balance of your vacation, the mug might not be refillable at the second resort.
It doesn't sound like you can get your resort mug filled at the parks unless you bought it there.

Read more about this here: http://www.mouseplanet.com/mike/refilla ... hanges.htm

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:14 pm

I know one member here used to be able to read barcode on sight. Especially scary (not because of our member) since our IDs used to have our SSN in the bar code on the front. :eek:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:23 pm

NemoRanger wrote:That makes sense for adults to have them. I just never understood why entire families bring them. I saw one family of six bring them the other day. There were falling off the stroller and all I could think was WHY.
The dining plan now includes them, so im sure that a whole lot of 4 year olds have those mugs full of fruit punch ! Or :coke: , plus they probably think that they CAN get them filled in park. After all they can use the ddp credits in the park restaurants !

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:38 pm

The Water Park Refillable Mugs have a date-specific bar code on them. And you can bring your old WPRM on a subsequent visit and for about $5 will get a bar code sticker valid for that day.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:10 pm

delsdad wrote: plus they probably think that they CAN get them filled in park. After all they can use the ddp credits in the park restaurants !
Oh, they do. I had a guest ask me today about refilling their mugs. They need to make it clear to the guests when they receive their mugs they can ONLY be refilled at the resort, not in the parks.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:40 pm

Big Wallaby wrote: our IDs used to have our SSN in the bar code on the front. :eek:
:eek:

I don't know how common it is to be able to read them, but I do know they aren't tough to decode if you want to. That SSN thing was Not A Good Plan.

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:16 pm

shilohmm wrote: :eek:

I don't know how common it is to be able to read them, but I do know they aren't tough to decode if you want to. That SSN thing was Not A Good Plan.
I expect anyone with a smart phone could read it !

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:28 pm

Shorty82 wrote:Oh, they do. I had a guest ask me today about refilling their mugs. They need to make it clear to the guests when they receive their mugs they can ONLY be refilled at the resort, not in the parks.
They do. You think the guests actually listen to what the CMs tell them?

The views and opinions expressed in this post do not represent those of the Walt Disney Company. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Caution: The moving rubber line is travelling at the same speed as you.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:41 pm

hhsrat wrote:They do. You think the guests actually listen to what the CMs tell them?
No, but one can hope, right? Am I nuts for not giving up all hope on that?

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

SG I Yam
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SG I Yam » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:34 pm

shilohmm wrote: :eek:

Depends on when it was. Before the internet and before mass identity theft, no one cared. My SSN used to be on my driver's license. I think my SSN was my school ID. They used to post grades for exams by SSN.

Anyway, if they were using old school 2 of 5 or 3 of 9, it's pretty easy to read the bar code visually. No different than learning morse code, I suppose.

I worked with 2 of 5 extensively in a former life when I was doing real-time data collection controllers. All employee and inventory and work process were collected by an optical reader using 2 of 5 barcodes. Ah, those were the bad ol' days...