Twisted Sister and the Mariachi Miracles

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
JugglingFreak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Twisted Sister and the Mariachi Miracles

Post by JugglingFreak » Fri May 04, 2012 1:32 pm

Hi guys, long time no post..

So here you go, The mariachi version of Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... PQDLdxHMc#

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: Twisted Sister and the Mariachi Miracles

Post by DisneyMom » Fri May 04, 2012 4:51 pm

Wow!!!! :rocker:
We have "A Twisted Christmas" CD from a few years back around here somewhere.... :)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri May 04, 2012 5:00 pm

JugglingFreak wrote:Hi guys, long time no post..

So here you go, The mariachi version of Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... PQDLdxHMc#
poor snyder, he must really need money.
yeah, that will take off as fast as mexican rap did.

Corey

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Mon May 07, 2012 12:28 pm

Not their best version, I'd have to say. :p: But still fun.
drcorey wrote:poor snyder, he must really need money.
Went looking to see what Snider's been up to, and he was on the Apprentice :rolleyes: -- with Penn Jillette :rocker: and George Takai. :cool:

Never imagined I'd want to watch that show. :p:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon May 07, 2012 8:38 pm

shilohmm wrote:Penn Jillette :rocker:
Freakiest trick they do is when you're not in a show environment and Teller opens up his mouth and talks.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Tue May 08, 2012 6:57 am

Penn and Teller are a hoot. Went to one of their shows once and was generally entertained and amazed. They did a whole slight of hand sequence involving a cigarette, showed you how it was all done, then did it at speed. Even knowing the sequence, I couldn't follow it. Another bit was really just an elaborate trick on a woman from the audience involving knife throwing and electro-magnets; at least on the surface. :D:

That show also forever spoiled me for watching jugglers with flaming props. Penn explained how it looked dangerous, but that years of evolution had prepared the juggler to deal with the worst case scenario. He intentionally caught the flaming end said "Ow" and immediately dropped it. Momentary heat -- no damage. Then he proceeded to break the bottoms off bottles and juggle them by the neck.

Great show.

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Thu May 10, 2012 2:31 pm

WEDFan wrote: Then he proceeded to break the bottoms off bottles and juggle them by the neck.
If they were legit beer bottles, he was probably in more danger breaking off the bottoms than juggling them. ;) They tell you in self-defense classes to never do that; whack the attacker with the bottle or throw them at him and run, but for heaven's sake, don't waste your time trying to break them. At fifty feet, the bullets from yinky dink pistols (.25 ACP) sometimes bounce off beer bottles instead of breaking them. :p:

I like Penn and Teller's (most Teller's) artsy stuff, like "Shadows."

I totally need to get to the American Museum of Magic this year -- it's like a half hour away and every summer I swear I'm getting out there... and don't. Must Do It.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Fri May 11, 2012 6:47 am

shilohmm wrote:If they were legit beer bottles, he was probably in more danger breaking off the bottoms than juggling them. ;) They tell you in self-defense classes to never do that; whack the attacker with the bottle or throw them at him and run, but for heaven's sake, don't waste your time trying to break them. At fifty feet, the bullets from yinky dink pistols (.25 ACP) sometimes bounce off beer bottles instead of breaking them. :p:

I like Penn and Teller's (most Teller's) artsy stuff, like "Shadows."
They were wine and liquor bottles, so larger than beer bottles. Also, he broke them in a plexiglass enclosure with a steel pipe running through so the audience could watch the break.

Is "Shadows" the one with the rose casting a shadow and as he "cuts" the leaves off the shadow they fall off the rose? That is one amazing act.

Just found out their returning to my area in October of this year. It's going to be a busy October... Penn and Teller, Captiol Steps, and the travelling "Mary Poppins" troup are coming. :cool:

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Fri May 11, 2012 8:18 am

WEDFan wrote:They were wine and liquor bottles, so larger than beer bottles. Also, he broke them in a plexiglass enclosure with a steel pipe running through so the audience could watch the break.
That sounds safer. I didn't mean to say beer bottles are impossible to break, which I'm thinking my post sounded like; it's more that, if they do, they're likely to take out the hand that's holding them before you can use them against anybody!

WEDFan wrote: Is "Shadows" the one with the rose casting a shadow and as he "cuts" the leaves off the shadow they fall off the rose? That is one amazing act.
Yeppers. :) Apparently someone has not just copied it, but they're offering to sell the secret. :rolleyes: I love figuring out how magic acts are done myself, but I would never offer to sell the secret to something someone else designed like that. Very bad form. :mad:

WEDFan wrote: Just found out their returning to my area in October of this year. It's going to be a busy October... Penn and Teller, Captiol Steps, and the travelling "Mary Poppins" troup are coming. :cool:
Hmm, I had not heard of Capitol Steps before. Lots of videos to choose from, I see. Welp, so much for my big plans to waste my afternoon searching out the latest videos on the MK upgrade. :D:

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Fri May 11, 2012 10:52 am

I've seen the Capitol Steps a number of times, now, and have yet to see a mediocore show. The are equal opportunity mockers, and I have gone with people from all along the political spectrum, and everyone has had a good time. Whoever is currently in power tends to get the worst of it, but that's to be expected. The damnedest thing about them, is you leave with the songs stuck in your head, but it's very difficult (for me at least) to remember their alternate lyrics. You just remember laughing... a lot.

They perform every week in DC, and if you ever get a chance to see them on their home stage it's worth it. They are even looser in those shows than in the travelling ones.