Having a photographer follow you

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Having a photographer follow you

Post by NemoRanger » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:58 pm

I know this couple who are planning to honeymoon at WDW. They are going all out and spending some serious dough.

I was chatting and giving them fun ideas when they asked me a question I could not answer.

Is it possible to hire a professional photographer from outside the company or even hire a photopass person to follow you around the park taking pictures.

Deep in my brain I seem to recall hearing about being able to hire photopass people to follow you but I can't find a thing on it.

I figured you could easily find a professional to follow you around snaping pics but then would you run into issues with copyrights and such.

Anyone have an answer to this?

Dann_of_Thursday
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Having a photographer follow you

Post by Dann_of_Thursday » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:46 am

I'm not sure about hiring photopass people, but I don't see why you couldn't have your own professional follow you around. I mean joe schmoe off the street is allowed to take pictures inside the park. I would think as long as the professional follows the same guidelines as everybody else, it wouldn't be a big deal. Just my two cents. :D:

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:47 am

My wife and I went to WDW for our Honeymoon. Part of the package was to have a photographer take pictures of us around the MK. This was before photopass. The photographer did a great job, much better than photopass pictures we've had, and we even got a picture of us on an "unauthorized" part of the castle. "We're not supposed to do this, but go up these steps..."

It is Disney, if you have the money, they will be more than happy to accommodate you. And now through the magic of the google...

http://www.disneyeventphotography.com

You're welcome :D:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:29 am

Boy, I can't imagine anything less appealling than having someone follow us around on our honeymoon taking pictures. In my wedding pictures, there were multiples of each pose, and in each one, my smile gets more and more forced.

But that's just me. :D:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:08 am

WEDFan wrote:and in each one, my smile gets more and more forced.
A lot of that comes down to the personal skills of the photographer. Make it fun for the person in the photographs, and you're not going to have that problem.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

empire550
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by empire550 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:34 am

Would it not also take away from being at the parks. Stopping every 5 minutes to pose in front of a ride before getting in line. I would rather have a session with the Photopass photographer then just carry a Photopass to get pictures in the parks.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:56 am

Big Wallaby wrote:A lot of that comes down to the personal skills of the photographer. Make it fun for the person in the photographs, and you're not going to have that problem.
I have always liked taking photographs much more than appearing in them. It was more about me than excessive time with the photog. No one else seemed to have the problem. :)

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:53 am

Big Wallaby wrote:A lot of that comes down to the personal skills of the photographer. Make it fun for the person in the photographs, and you're not going to have that problem.
Agreed -- and the best photographers are the ones who can capture great moments without stopping to pose you.

I didn't have a photographer follow my wife and I on our WDW honeymoon, and I'm glad for it -- but I do wish I'd taken one or two pictures of my own! Funny, that just wasn't a priority at the time... ;)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:16 pm

I wouldn't want to pose for everything, and would hope the photographer was ready to capture the "real" moments.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:31 pm

My question... how often do they plan to go through those pictures? Do you know how many times Little Wallaby and I have sat down and gone through our wedding album, much less other photos, more than a year after they have been taken?

Well, actually, there is a fun thing about looking at our wedding photos. I like to show Little Wallaby how she wouldn't fit into her wedding dress. Because of the direction she went in that regard, I can get away with it (and even get brownie points). :D:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?