Official SGT ADD thread

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Re: Official SGT ADD thread

Post by delsdad » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:01 pm

Darksin wrote:But...But... The Hawaiian Islands aren't deserted! ;)

Forget anything useful, if I'm going to die on an island.. cases and cases plus CASES of Rum! Lot's of Rum! Captain Morgan's Silver if you don't mind :D:

(It's Mid-terms.. Can you tell?)
Flor De Cana red please !

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:43 pm

hobie16 wrote:No mix?
Well you said one thing, although I wouldn't complain is a pepsi shipment suddenly washed ashore full of mixers! However since it's an island and Hawaii does have coconuts and other assorted wild fruit type things, I figured I had mixers built in!
Besides Captain Morgan's Silver has a lovely vanilla spice taste, mixes great with nearly anything!

Light the rum?! Are you MAD man!? ;)
Rum is for drinking, not lighting fires.That's why the higher powers made Everclear! I think my husband and I (who where pirate the movies) both gasped is shock and horror at that scene! :eek:

"Why is the rum ALWAYS gone" is normally ended with "Oh wait, Darksin was here.." ;)

(No, I'm not really a lush I just really enjoy my rum and have the tolerance of a horse.)

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:56 pm

Darksin wrote:Besides Captain Morgan's Silver has a lovely vanilla spice taste, mixes great with nearly anything!
My wife just put some vanilla beans in a small bottle of spiced rum. The end result is vanilla extract. It takes about six months.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bookbabe » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:37 pm

Darksin wrote:(No, I'm not really a lush I just really enjoy my rum and have the tolerance of a horse.)
Is it strange that my first thought wasn't surprise at Darksin's rum tolerance, it was curiousity about why she knows how much rum a horse could drink? ;) :twisted:

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:03 am

So... how about that Sweatbox documentary? :rolleyes: Might have crushed my dreams of being a character artist or animator, but it was still fascinating nonetheless.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:51 am

Darksin wrote:(No, I'm not really a lush I just really enjoy my rum and have the tolerance of a horse.)
Would that be a high horse? I understand there are some of those around. ;)

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:19 am

WEDFan wrote:Would that be a high horse? I understand there are some of those around. ;)

Bwahahahaha! :p:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:28 am

WEDFan wrote:Would that be a high horse? I understand there are some of those around. ;)
Would that make her a high, high horse?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:07 pm

....Damn philosophical questions!

Is is just me or have you ever look at some of the old phrases and words just to wonder "Where on earth did THAT come from? How did it get THAT name?!".

I do.

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:12 pm

Darksin wrote:....Damn philosophical questions!

Is is just me or have you ever look at some of the old phrases and words just to wonder "Where on earth did THAT come from? How did it get THAT name?!".

I do.
Oh, I love finding out about the origins of words and phrases. It's fascinating, and often leaves me scratching my head.