Non Florida Residents using Florida Resident Tickets

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: Non Florida Residents using Florida Resident Tickets

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:35 am

DisneyMom wrote:I hang my head in shame for using inaccurate smilies.... :o: I will attempt to educate myself by spending more time at the San Diego Zoo (Member for over 10 years). Last time I went to the Safari Park, they said that the Wild Somalian Jackasses were increasing in number!!! ;)

Ktulu, since you are His Favorite, I might need a little help winning the 290 Mill Lottery this Friday....THANKS!!!! :)
Well I'm back from the Zoo....I mean Wikipedia.....
:flybongo: Turns out it's an ANTELOPE...with Wings....and Quills...NO BULL!
:deadhors: still beating it
:donkey: Donkeys are members of the Horse Family, but sometimes a Jackass is just a Jackass! :D:

Ktulu, actually that Lottery is TODAY...THANKS AGAIN!!!! :)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:50 am

Just a quick couple of thoughts:

Copying a song or movie (and so forth) is not the same as borrowing. Borrowing would involve taking the original paid copy (the CD, DVD, original file, etc) so that only one person has access to it at a time. If you make copies of it, and are handing them out, even free of charge, that is piracy, a form of theft.

It seems to me that we have a bit of double-standards going here. To wit, saying that it is fine for the gentleman in the original post to fraudulently obtain discounted tickets for non-residents because he is an individual, but Disney is in the wrong for wanting more money because they are a big company. If being greedy is wrong for one, it is wrong for the other.

As for "living in the real world", of course we all know that there are folks who will lie, cheat, steal, or just be plain greedy. However, where we seem to differ is that we don't just shrug our shoulders and say "That's just the way it is". We say "No, that's wrong." That's part of the reason this forum exists in the first place.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:21 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:That's part of the reason this forum exists in the first place.
Word.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:20 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:Just a quick couple of thoughts:

Copying a song or movie (and so forth) is not the same as borrowing. Borrowing would involve taking the original paid copy (the CD, DVD, original file, etc) so that only one person has access to it at a time. If you make copies of it, and are handing them out, even free of charge, that is piracy, a form of theft.

It seems to me that we have a bit of double-standards going here. To wit, saying that it is fine for the gentleman in the original post to fraudulently obtain discounted tickets for non-residents because he is an individual, but Disney is in the wrong for wanting more money because they are a big company. If being greedy is wrong for one, it is wrong for the other.

As for "living in the real world", of course we all know that there are folks who will lie, cheat, steal, or just be plain greedy. However, where we seem to differ is that we don't just shrug our shoulders and say "That's just the way it is". We say "No, that's wrong." That's part of the reason this forum exists in the first place.
I maybe confused but isn't it the same person making those statements? A one Mr. D? Sorry if I got that confused.

:goofy: :goofy:

Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Mr. D. » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:36 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:Just a quick couple of thoughts:

So when someone buys a MP3 file, then they want to let me borrow it, they email it to me, or even if they put that file on a disk, flash drive ect. There is not way to let someone "borrow" a file without it being a copy. Thus eliminating the "that is piracy, a form of theft" argument.

Thanks for playing.

NOTE: To help me join the IN CROWD and make everyone like me, please disregard the above post and replace it with anything that would agree with whatever this thread is about.

Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Mr. D. » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:40 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Well I'm back from the Zoo....I mean Wikipedia.....
:flybongo: Turns out it's an ANTELOPE...with Wings....and Quills...NO BULL!
Pardon me for not being able to make out someone's crappy gif animation drawing. At least I could tell it wasn't a horse.
DisneyMom wrote: :donkey: Donkeys are members of the Horse Family,
Part of the "family" but still not a horse.

DisneyMom wrote:but sometimes a Jackass is just a Jackass! :D:
^^^^Yep, sure is ^^^^^

NOTE: To help me join the IN CROWD and make everyone like me, please disregard the above post and replace it with anything that would agree with whatever this thread is about.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:11 pm

Mr. D. wrote:So when someone buys a MP3 file, then they want to let me borrow it, they email it to me, or even if they put that file on a disk, flash drive ect. There is not way to let someone "borrow" a file without it being a copy. Thus eliminating the "that is piracy, a form of theft" argument.

Thanks for playing.
Actually, no, it doesn't. To borrow a digital file, technically, one should delete the file on their own device or devices while the other person is borrowing it. In practical terms, it usually means that only one copy of the file or software is being used at a time. For example, you can't copy a game to another person's computer, then have both copies running at the same time.

Also, just because something is difficult or impractical to do legally doesn't mean that one may go ahead and do it illegally.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:57 pm

Neither a borrower nor a lender be.
---Polonius

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:15 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:,

Also, just because something is difficult or impractical to do legally doesn't mean that one may go ahead and do it illegally.
EXACTLY!That is the whole reason someone does it illegally, because it is such a chore/bore to do it the way you're supposed to...

Of Course, I'm always amazed at how much effort and time criminals end up going through to get to their usually unfortunate conclusions ;)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

TdcOgre
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by TdcOgre » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:31 pm

hobie16 wrote:Neither a borrower nor a lender be.
---Polonius

Another take on that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXId5jOTxdg