Non Florida Residents using Florida Resident Tickets

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: Non Florida Residents using Florida Resident Tickets

Post by ktulu » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:15 am

Zazu wrote:All else being equal, the first offense gets a warning; the second gets a 3-day ban; the third gets a 7-day ban; and the fourth gets a permanent ban.

But really folks, if you'd all just put the trolls into your "ignore" filters....
Yeah, the problem with that is you can still hit that "view post" button, ignore is more like "hide, but we'll make sure you can still see it if you really want to."

Then there is the quoting function...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:58 pm

After WWI, Germany sought to boost their economy by printing more money. But of course the more they printed, the less it was worth. In high school, I saw a movie about the rise Of Hitler, and during the 30s there was a scene outside a bakery, with a sign in the window saying "Ein million Mark für ein Brot." (One million marks for a loaf of bread.) Guy standing outside sees that, starts counting his cash to see if he can afford a loaf of bread. How do you get the umlaut, anyway?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:00 pm

felinefan wrote:How do you get the umlaut, anyway?
How do you get the umlaut when you type on your keyboard? I use the USint keyboard, which permits such characters as äëïöüÿ, plus many others.

If you need help, send me a PM with the exact version of your Operating System and the name and version of the Browser you're using and I'll try to help. Offer open to all. :lecture:

Zazu

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:47 pm

Zazu wrote:How do you get the umlaut when you type on your keyboard?
For Mac:

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Language & Text, and then click Input Sources.
Open the Input Sources pane of Language & Text preferences

2. Select the Keyboard & Character Viewer checkbox.

3. Make sure the checkbox next to each input source you want to use is selected and that “Show Input menu in menu bar” is selected.

4. Choose Show Keyboard Viewer from the Input menu in the menu bar (looks like a flag or character).

5.Press Option, Shift, or Option-Shift to see the different accent marks you can type.

The accent mark keys appear orange. Depending on your keyboard, you may not need to press any of the modifier keys to see the accent keys.

6. Press the modifier key or keys you pressed in step 2 (Shift, Option, Option-Shift, or none) and press the key on your keyboard that is in the same place as the accent you see in the Keyboard Viewer. Then, press the key for the character you want to accent.

For example, on a U.S. keyboard, to type á, press Option and E (the accent key), then press A (the key on which you want that accent to appear).

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:44 pm

Zazu wrote:Offer open to all. :lecture:
lynx on a putty SSH terminal on a machine running Arch Linux :twisted:

Kurt

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:37 am

This is way too complicated. Much simpler just to buy a computer from a Best Buy in Germany.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:07 pm

Well, the library computers are Dells with IE, my personal one is an Acer Aspire One, also with IE. Today it's library only; when I'm on here, I'm usually using the library computer. I can't wait until we get satellite TV, along with internet at home! I did the research, and we're going with DishTV. (Too bad Verizon isn't available in our area.)

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:48 pm

BRWombat wrote:This is way too complicated. Much simpler just to buy a computer from a Best Buy in Germany.
Just make sure you make the payments on time. :o:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:17 pm

My Acer runs Win7; I checked the fonts in Word, and from there went to the symbols, found not an umlaut, but one that's darn close. I think the library computers run WinXP.

Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Mr. D. » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:44 pm

KieranDotW wrote:You pirate your music and movies, don't you?

Nope I borrow movies and music from people that have already PAID for them and then loan them to others free of charge.

avengador1 wrote:
Mr. D. wrote:Are you suggesting that I claim to be a FL resident to get the deal?????? :eek:
Someone needs to read and re-read before they post. I said the offer was for Florida residents. Someone also must really want to be permanently banned from this forum as they seem to be begging for it. ;)

Yes YOU need to read and re-read YOUR post again. Let me refresh you.
avengador1 wrote:It's a shame Mr. D didn't really know how to save for a trip to WDW. Right now Florida residents can take advantage of the Wild For 3 pass for only $99.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/flo...C-24649-240910
It doesn't get much cheaper to emjoy Disney with offers like that.
Sounds like you are indicating what I said above.

The rest of you. I could care less what you think. You can sit on your high horses and think you're God's gift. The rest of the world will live in reality.

NOTE: To help me join the IN CROWD and make everyone like me, please disregard the above post and replace it with anything that would agree with whatever this thread is about.