Non Florida Residents using Florida Resident Tickets

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: Non Florida Residents using Florida Resident Tickets

Post by Zazu » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:19 pm

Csaks wrote:Where is the "Like" button around here?
Not hard to find. It looks like this: :thumbup: or this: :thumbsup:

Zazu

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:57 am

It's a shame Mr. D didn't really know how to save for a trip to WDW. Right now Florida residents can take advantage of the Wild For 3 pass for only $99.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/florid ... 649-240910
It doesn't get much cheaper to emjoy Disney with offers like that.

Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Mr. D. » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:29 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:I have to say, I felt that Mr. D's motivations for his posts were a bit suspect. At the very least, they seemed a bit contradictory. One the one hand, he touts how he is so fair and honest with his pricing and how his employees only ask to be paid what they are worth. He also claims that, since Disney is "overcharging" and "greedy", in his opinion, that it is alright to use deceit to obtain cheaper tickets. He further opinions that it is alright because "everyone does it".

But wait...didn't he just say that he doesn't try and be greedy, and seem to imply it is preferable not to try and cheat someone to get more than one deserves? Can't have it both way, folks!

Sounds like a little hypocritical to me, or that Mr. D was more interested in having an argument than a real discussion.

And you TOTALY misunderstood ANYTHING I have said in here. If Disney wasn't so greedy people wouldn't be so inclined to try to find ways to get cheaper tickets. I am not greedy and my customers do not try to find ways to cheat me. GET IT???? (I doubt it, but it's worth a try)

Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Mr. D. » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:31 pm

Zazu wrote:The actions you describe above are illegal in Florida. Recommending them here is not permitted. Please don't do it again.
Think you need to study law a little more. Everything I mentioned is
Mr. D. wrote:ALL 100% legit.
(Sure I'll get banned again for telling you that But oh well.)
ktulu wrote:Your or you're? There is a difference...
Can always tell when someone has no real come back, they revert to grammar attacks.

Alyssa3467 wrote:Image
THAT'S A BOTTLE

Still under $1.00
ANOTHER BOTTLE.
Rip off.

Ice Bear wrote:O and MR.D. I pay 800 Dollars a night for a room and get a much soft AND ALCOHOLIC DRINKS I WANT FOR FREE.
I suppose in you're world I should be killed for this. :D:
If you want to spend $800/night for a room. That's your business. I have seen people do stupider things.
avengador1 wrote:Looks like Mr. D will not be gracing this forum anymore. :D:
Wrong again.
Main Streeter wrote:No kidding?? Really???? :cool: In the fine phrasing of hobie; "There is a god." ;)
How do you feel now?

Ice Bear wrote:I'm sure MR.D. has found others that will support him in his communist ideas.

Actually they are AMERICAN ideas. Have a nice day.

I'm sure there are other post on here of people b!tching about my way of thinking but I could care less, and it's not worth my time to read your crap. You believe your way (and pay higher prices) I will believe my way (and used deals when I find them)

Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Mr. D. » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:37 pm

BRWombat wrote:He already got my advice (couched in sarcasm, as usual) from my "let's all vote on what he earns post" above. And... from his follow-up defending how he sets his rates, he completely missed the point -- that by his own (lack of) moral code, how he sets his rates is completely irrelevant. By his standards, he should be paid only what someone else wants to pay him, even if they have to lie (to him), cheat (him) and steal (from him) to do it.

Mind you, I didn't expect the light bulb to go on -- there appears to be a short in the power supply -- but sometimes an analogy will teach where direct argument won't. Ah, we can dream, can't we?
No sir. It is YOU that totally missed the point but I never expected you to get it in the first place. You worship the mouse like some kind of god that can never do wrong. And anyone that speaks ill of him gets banned.

avengador1 wrote:It's a shame Mr. D didn't really know how to save for a trip to WDW. Right now Florida residents can take advantage of the Wild For 3 pass for only $99.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/florid ... 649-240910
It doesn't get much cheaper to emjoy Disney with offers like that.
Are you suggesting that I claim to be a FL resident to get the deal?????? :eek:

Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Alyssa3467 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:48 pm

Mr. D. wrote:THAT'S A BOTTLE
ANOTHER BOTTLE.
Yes, I'm aware of the difference between a bottle and a can. Why did I post the prices for bottles, you ask?
Mr. D. wrote:$1.25 are for BOTTLED sodas. I have specifically said CAN sodas because that is what they were selling at the circus and that is what I was comparing prices to.
$1.25 won't get you a 20 oz. bottle, even at a grocery store, where the public perception is that prices are better than from vending machines or convenience stores.

Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Mr. D. » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:52 pm

Alyssa3467 wrote:Yes, I'm aware of the difference between a bottle and a can. Why did I post the prices for bottles, you ask?

$1.25 won't get you a 20 oz. bottle, even at a grocery store, where the public perception is that prices are better than from vending machines or convenience stores.
Why did I say "$1.25 are for BOTTLED sodas." you ask?

Because in the NON greedy part of the world where you can get a soda for $.75, you can also get bottled sodas for $1.25.

Oh and Bottled sodas at the grocery stores here are $.99 :)

Thanks.

Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Alyssa3467 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:20 pm

Mr. D. wrote:So Bob being a Fl resident buys 4 tickets with the discount legit since he is in fact a FL resident. He then invites Jim and his wife down from New York, and So Bob, his wife, Jim and his wife all go to Disney with Bob's ticket's. ALL 100% legit. No one scammed anyone, no one lied, no one stole anything. Bob bought the tickets, they are his, he can do whit them what he wants, and he choose to give them to his out of state friend while they were visiting.
Zazu wrote:The actions you describe above are illegal in Florida. Recommending them here is not permitted. Please don't do it again.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/florid ... ts-passes/

Specifically regarding the Wild for 3 Pass, the site says
Passes are non-transferable, are only valid during regularly scheduled operating hours and exclude activities/events priced separately. No additional discounts apply. Proof of Florida residency is required for each adult age 18 and older.
The part where it says "Passes are non-transferable" means that Bob cannot give Jim any of the tickets. Bob bought them, and Bob must use them.

For every single Florida resident offer, it says "Proof of a Florida residential address for each Guest age 18 or older is required for purchase and use." Jim cannot use the resident tickets Bob purchased, even if they are transferable.

California may have different laws regarding admission media. The verbage regarding Disneyland's Southern California resident offers isn't as strong.

Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Alyssa3467 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:55 am

Mr. D. wrote:Why did I say "$1.25 are for BOTTLED sodas." you ask?
I didn't ask. Your rudeness is unnecessary and unappreciated. I suggest you cease.

Regarding vending machines, NemoRanger said:
NemoRanger wrote:Everywhere I go its 1.25 if not more.
Your reply post made it clear that you thought he was confusing bottles and cans, and that you thought he failed to read your post, which clearly mentioned canned soda. He even quoted your post, which I will include here, in his reply.
Mr. D. wrote:Yes $1.25 for a 12oz can of soda is over charge. Vending machines charge you $.50-$.75 for a 12oz can. And if you don't mind the generic, you can get a Sam's choice for $.25
Also, 90¢ for a can is outside of the 50¢-75¢ range you specified, even though you deemed it somehow acceptable because it's "still under $1.00"; it's 15¢ higher than the top of your range, and 20¢ lower than the one you declared a rip-off. Increasing the values in the range you gave by 50¢ gives a range of $1.00-$1.25, which would put the 90¢ can low out of range, the $1.10 can within the range, and NemoRanger's hypothetical $1.25 can at the top of the range.
Mr. D. wrote:No one is talking about prices of bottled sodas. :p:
You brought up bottles before I entered the conversation regarding the price of soda when you said you thought $1.25 was for bottled soda, when NemoRanger was in fact replying to your post about canned soda.

Ice Bear
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Ice Bear » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:26 am

Mr. D. wrote:
If you want to spend $800/night for a room. That's your business. I have seen people do stupider things.
Well hallo to mister Kim Jong Un Great and Total leader of the Peoples Republic of North Korea.