Non Florida Residents using Florida Resident Tickets

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Ice Bear
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Non Florida Residents using Florida Resident Tickets

Post by Ice Bear » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:48 am

Main Streeter wrote:No kidding?? Really???? :cool: In the fine phrasing of hobie; "There is a god." ;)
I'm sure MR.D. has found others that will support him in his communist ideas.

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:30 am

Wow, When I started this thread I had no idea it would turn into a huge hoop dee doo that would end up with someone getting suspended. Crazy.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:31 am

I have to say, I felt that Mr. D's motivations for his posts were a bit suspect. At the very least, they seemed a bit contradictory. One the one hand, he touts how he is so fair and honest with his pricing and how his employees only ask to be paid what they are worth. He also claims that, since Disney is "overcharging" and "greedy", in his opinion, that it is alright to use deceit to obtain cheaper tickets. He further opinions that it is alright because "everyone does it".

But wait...didn't he just say that he doesn't try and be greedy, and seem to imply it is preferable not to try and cheat someone to get more than one deserves? Can't have it both way, folks!

Sounds like a little hypocritical to me, or that Mr. D was more interested in having an argument than a real discussion.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:36 am

ktulu wrote:... I'm not a lawyer, but we do have one so I'll defer to him. Oh, he is a prosecutor as well, not in FL, but I'd still listen to him. ...
He already got my advice (couched in sarcasm, as usual) from my "let's all vote on what he earns post" above. And... from his follow-up defending how he sets his rates, he completely missed the point -- that by his own (lack of) moral code, how he sets his rates is completely irrelevant. By his standards, he should be paid only what someone else wants to pay him, even if they have to lie (to him), cheat (him) and steal (from him) to do it.

Mind you, I didn't expect the light bulb to go on -- there appears to be a short in the power supply -- but sometimes an analogy will teach where direct argument won't. Ah, we can dream, can't we?

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bookbabe » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:02 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:Sounds like a little hypocritical to me, or that Mr. D was more interested in having an argument than a real discussion.
My DH was sure he was just a troll, especially once he posted the "I've only been once in 15 years" comment. The world was a whole different place that long ago, and even the dimmest of Board X posters admits that rules have changed in that time. I don't even remember going through bag checks then, let alone ones that would have confiscated crackers. ;)

I admit I was tempted to point out that his system of doing business was decidedly communist, though, and very economically discriminatory. Why should I have to pay more for the same oil change, just because I have a good job and thus make a good income? Disney's expensive, sure, but at least we all get charged the same arm-and-leg for the same type of tickets... :rolleyes: But DH convinced me to leave the poor troll alone and stop winding him up just for the entertainment value...

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:32 pm

BRWombat wrote: there appears to be a short in the power supply
I'd say it was more like an open circuit to the logic module.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:One of the first things that we were taught in Personnel Mgmt. was that if you ask a person what they are worth, they will almost always give a number lower then their actual worth.
I wasn't a business major, but this was my first thought as well. It also means that employees with the "best self esteem" get the best pay, although current studies indicate that not only doesn't mean your most skilled workers will get better paid -- it means some of your least productive workers get the best pay. Communism indeed. :D:
ktulu wrote:Not to mention you are lying.
Yah. Really, as soon as someone insists lying is okay so long as you get paid for it, no point to listening to them anymore, since they're probably lying anyhow. :p:
hobie16 wrote:I'd say it was more like an open circuit to the logic module.
:thumbup:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:16 pm

hobie, such a Cupertino statement. ;) LOVE it! :cool:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:58 pm

Main Streeter wrote:hobie, such a Cupertino statement. ;) LOVE it! :cool:
The open can be fixed.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Csaks
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Csaks » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:29 pm

Mr. D. wrote: Yep in this day and age (see pics I posted of $.75 sodas). People here RESPECT others and are not all about greed. Mechanics are willing to work for a fair wage of $11.00/hr when they only do oil changes and tire swaps. Mechanics that do engine rebuilds get paid more. People here understand that you don't need to have a mansion to be happy. Your home is maintained, your bills are paid on time, you have food and health and friends and family. People here save up for 5 years or more to take a trip to places like Disney, and that is on the low budget vacation scale. Some people save for 15 years to do the nicer vacations like 4 days at the resort with dining.

You seem to think we are all rich folk, I have a modest house and two domestics in the driveway. We save for two years to go to Disney but then again we pay our skilled trades a bit more around here. ;)

I am sorry that you see greed as okay and think that charging $1.25 for a soda is reasonable. It's that mind set that has the world in the mess it is in. The public set the prices, and if they would ever realize that, then prices will drop. Why is the cost of living lower here? Because the people told companies like Good Year that we will NOT put up with your greed. We will take our cars to someone we know and trust and that does not rip us off.

Why is it that $1.25 is crazy for a pop in a machine? Someone fills that machine and should make a reasonable living doing so. If it bothers you so much, buy a case and keep your own supply on you and boycot those evil vending machine owners that stock those machines. By your logic they should only make pennies for their service and your convenience.

So Bob being a Fl resident buys 4 tickets with the discount legit since he is in fact a FL resident. He then invites Jim and his wife down from New York, and So Bob, his wife, Jim and his wife all go to Disney with Bob's ticket's. ALL 100% legit. No one scammed anyone, no one lied, no one stole anything. Bob bought the tickets, they are his, he can do whit them what he wants, and he choose to give them to his out of state friend while they were visiting.

Again, those people are not residents. The deal is for residents only.

No one said it wasn't dishonest. But it is a no harm, no foul situation. And there is absolutely NO HARM.

At least you agree now, it is dishonest.

If you and others don''t see that, then you never will. Hard to see the real world living so high up on that cloud?

Never been perfect but I try to live my life by the rules. Maybe thats why I don't get ahead, I don't scam enough.

:( I'm done.