Closing the Park. What guests do.

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Eticket15
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Closing the Park. What guests do.

Post by Eticket15 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:08 pm

I love thus site already, I think that hearing about SGT's is super funny. :D:

Arbite
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Arbite » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:22 am

Thanks for the welcome! I read more than I post but am the Disney guy at work, Had 3 people stop by for advice this week alone,

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:14 am

Last Summer we had one guy who wanted to be the last person out of the park. Security literally had to stay behind him urging him to leave. What most guest don't realize it that the Monorail CMs can't leave the park until it has been cleared by security. I saw guest leaving the park over two hours after it had closed. I guess they let them stay that long because they left with armloads of souvenirs. They even had a baby stroller that was overflowing with bags of stuff. I hope there wasn't a baby under all of it. :eek:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:41 pm

They probably let the kid behind. ;)

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:34 pm

:D:
Zazu wrote:Ah yes, I remember well one "late ride" I took.

I was hoofing it out of the Magic Kingdom one evening after a day of research, hoping to beat the fireworks crowd. As I walked through Fantasyland, I heard a young woman's voice call out to me ever so sweetly...

"How'd you like to go to Hell?" which quite stopped me in my tracks.

Yes, it was the lonely operator of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, bidding me to travel to Nowhere in Particular. How could I decline?

Yeah, traffic was a bitch that night, but she wasn't.

I have a copy of the Gousha map of California, and in Riverside County, there is (or was) a locality named Hell. Looked it up on Wikipedia, and it said back in 1954 a guy, his wife and son started the town. It was just them, population was 4 at most--probably had somebody running the store, bar and gas station. They left in the early 60s, place was plowed up in 1964 to make way for Interstate 10. But you can still go to Hell, if you really want to, though there isn't much to see....

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:38 pm

There's a Hell, Michigan. They have a wedding chapel. :whistlng:

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:56 pm

felinefan wrote: :D:

I have a copy of the Gousha map of California, and in Riverside County, there is (or was) a locality named Hell. Looked it up on Wikipedia, and it said back in 1954 a guy, his wife and son started the town. It was just them, population was 4 at most--probably had somebody running the store, bar and gas station. They left in the early 60s, place was plowed up in 1964 to make way for Interstate 10. But you can still go to Hell, if you really want to, though there isn't much to see....
Not sure where this pic was taken, none of the sites I checked in Google image search have where the photo is from.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:17 pm

Shorty82 wrote:Image
Not sure where this pic was taken, none of the sites I checked in Google image search have where the photo is from.
Probably Hell, MI. (approximately 14 miles North of Chrysler's Chelsea (MI) Proving Grounds, or approximately 18 miles Northwest of the house I grew up in (both distances are listed "as the crow flies", not necessarily the true distance using roads)

The views and opinions expressed in this post do not represent those of the Walt Disney Company. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Caution: The moving rubber line is travelling at the same speed as you.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:47 pm

There's always Lago...

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bookbabe » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:47 pm

The village of Hell in the Cayman Islands has great weather, interesting scenery and a post office where you can send "wish you were here" postcards to your favorite relatives and co-workers... ;)

http://cruises.about.com/od/caribbeancr ... 03-jpg.htm