Props to this Security CM

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Props to this Security CM

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:35 am

DisneyMom wrote:It could be a second job! With Lasers! :laser:
He has 4 other jobs now, or at last count. :) Shell we buy him lasers? Shell we???? ;) He would use them in his jeep when he picks the children up. I can just see this now. :sparky:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:23 am

Lacking a Google account and not wishing one, I can't access the vdeo. Sound slike a real loser, though.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:00 am

Big Wallaby wrote:As far as no other Cast Members helping, it could have to do with the fact that, it was no mystery to me that if I ever hit, took down, grabbed, etc. a guest, even a violent one and I was protecting a small child unrelated to said violent guest, it would be my job. I never cared and would do what it took, but I can see others being frozen by that. I mean, come on. As someone who has been trained to train others to perform first aid, the rules put me in a tough spot: As I understand it, legally I have to help if I am the first to notice a situation, but was always told to wait and let others handle it. No, if I see someone go down having a heart attack, their life is much more important to me than any job. Fire me and sue me for assaulting that guest at that point. If I save their life, I can live very happily behind bars.
I'm eager to jump in, too eager probably, but it's my nature. My wife and I were trying to enjoy lunch, meanwhile outside a guy was arguing with what turned out to be an ex-girlfriend. I was too busy watching the guy, knowing something bad was about to happen. Then he pushed her into her car, then into the passenger seat. As soon as he pushed her I was up and out the door, he jumped in the car, knocked over one of her co-workers and started to drive off. The passenger door was open, and I grabbed her hand, but it slipped out and he got away. I heard they caught him at a hotel in the city where I live and the girl was okay. Her co-worker was okay as well. I still get mad when I think how she slipped away :mad:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:51 pm

I've been told that the rule is any and all CMs are to never get physically involved in these types of situations due to legal issues. Even if you were to fight back in self-defense, you'd still get sued and blamed just because you were protecting yourself or someone else. I find that annoying. If someone wants to give me a black eye or put someone else in danger, you bet I'm going down fighting. Disney and whoever can sue me all they want; I don't go to work to get stuck in a fight-or-flight scenario, nor will I ever stand by while someone innocent gets hurt while they're on frickin' vacation.

I think anyone who gets hired into a security position should at least know some hand-to-hand combat because obviously mace doesn't work in all cases. Might as well be spraying them with water.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:46 pm

TiggerHappy wrote:Might as well be spraying them with water.
Not water!!!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:42 am

TiggerHappy wrote:I think anyone who gets hired into a security position should at least know some hand-to-hand combat because obviously mace doesn't work in all cases. Might as well be spraying them with water.
Maybe they all need to learn Krav Maga. My daughter is taking a class at the Ga Tech Rec Center in that and I think even though she's maybe 100 lbs soaking wet, she could kick some serious ass. To me it seems to be a self defense style that focuses on groin strikes.
TiggerHappy wrote:Might as well be spraying them with water.
I'm melting.......

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:37 am

It looked like the security guy had some kinda training as he got in a punch that folded the drunk like a bad hand in poker.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:14 pm

TiggerHappy wrote:I've been told that the rule is any and all CMs are to never get physically involved in these types of situations due to legal issues. Even if you were to fight back in self-defense, you'd still get sued and blamed just because you were protecting yourself or someone else. I find that annoying. If someone wants to give me a black eye or put someone else in danger, you bet I'm going down fighting. Disney and whoever can sue me all they want; I don't go to work to get stuck in a fight-or-flight scenario, nor will I ever stand by while someone innocent gets hurt while they're on frickin' vacation.
:thumbsup:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:06 pm

When I was working at Knott's, I was closing Calico Railroad one night when I got attacked by a woman and her two grown sons, who it turned out were going around the park looking for someone to pick on. I got a sprained right arm, which hampered me somewhat, as like 85% of the population I'm right-handed. I was on medical restriction for 6 weeks. Yeah, we got into it. They got arrested.

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:26 pm

GaTechGal wrote:Maybe they all need to learn Krav Maga. My daughter is taking a class at the Ga Tech Rec Center in that and I think even though she's maybe 100 lbs soaking wet, she could kick some serious ass. To me it seems to be a self defense style that focuses on groin strikes.
I'm a little over 100 lbs and currently training in a general style of kung fu. I already know 3 ways to knock someone down and not have to throw a single punch.

Heck, I could've gotten the guy in the video to hurt himself without laying a finger on him. :rolleyes: Just the fact that he's out of it and not thinking straight makes it that much easier.