You forgot how to CLOCK IN?

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: You forgot how to CLOCK IN?

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:40 am

avengador1 wrote:If you saw Mickey waving at you, you knew you were clocked out.
I have been told if you see Donald that's bad. Does anyone else know this?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

KingsIslander
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Kings Island

Post by KingsIslander » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:19 pm

Please don't give Cedar Fair any ideas, ours is really simple on the computer...

&quot wrote: "You can't arrest me for jogging on the railroad tracks!"
2010-2011: Food and Beverage
2012-Present: Admissions/Park Operations

Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Alyssa3467 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:37 pm

avengador1 wrote:I guess people at WDW had it made. We just had to type in our Pern# and a few mouse clicks to clock in and out. If you saw Mickey waving at you, you knew you were clocked out. We could also swipe our badges but for some reason that was discouraged. I guess it was too simple and efficient to do that. ;)
As far as I know, using the magnetic stripe isn't discouraged over here. Most people type their personnel number in because it's faster. I'd guess the reason for discouraging swiping is to reduce wear on the card. ::shrugs::

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:45 pm

We can't swipe to clock in or out over here if we use CDS, we have to use our perner. The CDS terminals aren't equipped with mag stripe readers. I was confused by avengador1's post about being able to type in your perner or swipe your badge as while you swipe your ID to use a wall clock you can't to use CDS.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Sorry for the confusion, they were two different systems at two different locations in the same building. They were within about 30 feet of each other. We were told that they preferred us to use the terminal instead of the card reader.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:44 pm

Some of us work in areas that only have the card reader. We aren't on CDS (thank God!).

The WDW RR tried CDS for a week, and it was a disaster. Thereafter we just used it to clock in and out and ignored it the rest of the time. Worked much better.

Zazu

Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Alyssa3467 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:39 am

avengador1 wrote:Sorry for the confusion, they were two different systems at two different locations in the same building. They were within about 30 feet of each other. We were told that they preferred us to use the terminal instead of the card reader.
And here I thought you were talking about the CDS terminals, which have magnetic strip readers at DLR. The wall clocks do not have keyboards, and require a swipe of the magnetic strip.

Epeyon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Epeyon » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:44 am

avengador1 wrote:Sorry for the confusion, they were two different systems at two different locations in the same building. They were within about 30 feet of each other. We were told that they preferred us to use the terminal instead of the card reader.
It's because Monocraft is supposed to be using CDS. So if you wall-clock it messes things up and management has to approve it. And you can get "lost" in CDS.

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:41 pm

Zazu wrote:Some of us work in areas that only have the card reader. We aren't on CDS (thank God!).

The WDW RR tried CDS for a week, and it was a disaster. Thereafter we just used it to clock in and out and ignored it the rest of the time. Worked much better.
I think Main St Ops finally stopped totally ignoring CDS with the advent of the theater. The times I worked it was just used for bumping between PAC and turnstiles.

Kurt