Carousel of Progress SGs

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Carousel of Progress SGs

Post by Goofyernmost » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:53 am

KingsIslander wrote:I have two problems with SSE '07.

1. "I don't believe in talking down to children. I don't believe in talking down to any certain segment." --Walt Disney
2. It contains, by far, the worst wardrobe choice I've ever seen in a Disney ride. Image
1. So before this were you aware that the alphabet was created by the Phoenicians? I don't see that as talking down to anyone. It's a statement of fact.

2. Spoken by someone that didn't live in the era depicted. That was the fashion and style of the times. Not a wardrobe choice by Disney but real life to many of us.

:goofy: :goofy:

KingsIslander
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Kings Island

Post by KingsIslander » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:16 am

1. "Phoenician merchants established the earliest commercial highways trading goods and information at distant ports of call. To aid in record keeping, they created the first common alphabet and shared this new tool across the Mediterranean."
2. She's at work. The other figure is dressed professionally, so she should be too.

&quot wrote: "You can't arrest me for jogging on the railroad tracks!"
2010-2011: Food and Beverage
2012-Present: Admissions/Park Operations

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:52 am

I miss Jeremy Irons :(

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

Epeyon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Epeyon » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:42 am

To me Dench sounds like a school teacher. That she's not talking down to anybody, she's just trying to teach to all levels. Making SSE seem like a futuristic classroom where the teacher can show the student the development. And then you hit that obnoxious "interactive" portion. Which is the worst part to me.

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:56 am

Epeyon wrote:To me Dench sounds like a school teacher. That she's not talking down to anybody, she's just trying to teach to all levels. Making SSE seem like a futuristic classroom where the teacher can show the student the development. And then you hit that obnoxious "interactive" portion. Which is the worst part to me.
Hmmmm... too bad they can't change it yearly. That one guy's been painting the ceiling for a very long time!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

KingsIslander
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Kings Island

Post by KingsIslander » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:57 am

Epeyon wrote:To me Dench sounds like a school teacher. That she's not talking down to anybody, she's just trying to teach to all levels. Making SSE seem like a futuristic classroom where the teacher can show the student the development. And then you hit that obnoxious "interactive" portion. Which is the worst part to me.
I think a "Choose your age" option would have been a good idea- cater to the kids and adults, instead of catering to the lowest common denominator.

&quot wrote: "You can't arrest me for jogging on the railroad tracks!"
2010-2011: Food and Beverage
2012-Present: Admissions/Park Operations

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:51 pm

KingsIslander wrote:2. She's at work. The other figure is dressed professionally, so she should be too.
To the best of my memory, she was dressed professionally for the type of job and the era. Sorry, that's the way it was then, the gaudier the better. Remember this time frame was after the women's movement...they didn't wear long dresses and girdles and granny shoes anymore. You should have seen what the guys were wearing under their lab coats. It was to die for..... :D:

:goofy: :goofy:

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:31 pm

joanna71985 wrote:I miss Jeremy Irons :(
Heck, I miss Walter Cronkite!

Zazu

WaltsFavRob
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by WaltsFavRob » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:08 pm

Zazu wrote:Heck, I miss Walter Cronkite!
Heck...I miss Walt Disney!!!!! :D:

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:59 pm

The "finale" flash game you are forced to watch due to having nothing else to look at :mad: it's the worst part by far.