Magic Kingdom to be open 24 hours on leap day

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Magic Kingdom to be open 24 hours on leap day

Post by NemoRanger » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:54 pm

I just do not see the thrill in being open 24hours. I have never had a 4am craving to ride Space Mountain.

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:28 pm

I can't wait! I will definitely be there (and will be going for staying all 24 hours).

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:31 pm

It'll probably be like the 24 hour grocery stores. At 3 AM the only people wandering the aisles are the dope smokers who have a terminal case of the munchies.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:00 pm

hobie16 wrote:It'll probably be like the 24 hour grocery stores. At 3 AM the only people wandering the aisles are the dope smokers who have a terminal case of the munchies.
I worked the register at a 24 hour grocery store. Usually the 3AM crowd were the folks who worked in a bar. Bartenders and strippers were the regulars. One of them, a stripper, was also a volunteer firefighter. The drunks bought crap, the regulars did the normal grocery shopping. I always asked the manager to watch things while I went and washed my hands after everyone left. I took in lots of one dollar bills...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:46 am

Shorty82 wrote:I'm not sure it'll be worth the costs. Disney is going to have to pay out a hell of a lot of overtime, third shift differential and probably some double-back, a LOT more electricity will be used than normal (running rides mostly but also climate control), and there are many other overhead costs as well. I'm not sure there's going to be enough people there to cover all of these costs let alone make profit. Guest service will also suffer as there will be quite a few CMs who are very tired or otherwise don't want to be working at the gawd-awful hours of the morning.
I'm betting it's going to be even more expensive then we think. Admission alone barely covers basic operating costs, all the profit is on food, beverage, and merch. But how much of that are they going to sell at 5am? Even more so, a bunch of locations can't really even be open that late because they *have* to be cleaned fully.

Personally I see this:

Casey's corner will open later than usual and will stay open the whole period.
TSRs will have usual service.
...actually, how early does CRT normally hold breakfast? I could see that making cleaning impossible.
ODF will ramp way down at midnight, probably just to EGrove, Pott's, type locations.
Attractions will be severely limited starting at 3am.

Park will hard close at 6am, party style, with some form of a park sweep. Park will be clear by 6:45am. The normal steam pressure wash will not happen, as restocking and safety related maintenance is the priority.
I'm then guessing that the B and A tickets will have a slightly delayed open of 10am the next day so they can get their normal maintenance. There's also morning EMH the next day at 8am so they might not even close the E tickets for the night and just have opening shift come in an hour or two early.

The saving grace of the whole thing is that the parks are at minimum close of 8pm on both sides and much of the week, so there probably won't be that much overtime.

The next day, there will be a riot at Chatham Place.

Kurt

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:39 am

I wonder how much coffee they sell...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:41 am

Hmmm... might work for me! LOL me and my hubby still working nights!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:44 am

Yep, my Hubby can sleep his usual then go to DLR all night....as for my sleep cycle, I don't have one :cool:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:59 am

DisneyMom wrote:...as for my sleep cycle, I don't have one :cool:
Did it look like this?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:39 am

kurtisnelson wrote: Personally I see this:

Casey's corner will open later than usual and will stay open the whole period.
TSRs will have usual service.
...actually, how early does CRT normally hold breakfast? I could see that making cleaning impossible.
ODF will ramp way down at midnight, probably just to EGrove, Pott's, type locations.
Attractions will be severely limited starting at 3am.
Hmmmm... running around all night with nothing but crap to eat? Maybe I will pack a sandwich.

For the night shift we do our first break at 1am, then lunch at 3am. By then I am hungry!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]