Whoever arranged these tables...

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
KingsIslander
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Kings Island

Whoever arranged these tables...

Post by KingsIslander » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:45 pm

...clearly does not understand what "not" means. (or it's an old sign that maybe should be taken down?)

(it's at the Electric Umbrella, in case anyone's wondering)

:confused:

&quot wrote: "You can't arrest me for jogging on the railroad tracks!"
2010-2011: Food and Beverage
2012-Present: Admissions/Park Operations

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Whoever arranged these tables...

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:35 am

Don't worry, it's just an emergency exit for a ride area.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:58 pm

If it was an emergecy exit that would be a fire code violation.

KingsIslander
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Kings Island

Post by KingsIslander » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:15 pm

Well, according to the CM I asked, it "ain't nothin' 'portant".

Was it a jerk move asking about it?

&quot wrote: "You can't arrest me for jogging on the railroad tracks!"
2010-2011: Food and Beverage
2012-Present: Admissions/Park Operations

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:07 am

Not if you were genuinely concerned.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:38 pm

There's a lot of doors that need that sign at our Tomorrowland, but they don't so they are expected to get blocked up with tables, strollers, family and friends. We do make efforts to inform them to not block those areas, but there's not much we can do if there's nothing there to tell them first. :(

Spideyfreak
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Spideyfreak » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:42 am

Sigh. When I was at the resort a few weeks ago, I saw this. In the same area I also saw another exit that was blocked by tables. I was able to overlook it because there were other exits in the area.

But then when I went on Haunted Mansion, I got really concerned. Story time:

So I was at MK, and decided to check out HM. Line said a 20 minute wait, no problem. Right away I noticed there was no line outside, so I assumed it was a walk on. After all, usually the signs are wrong anyways AND once you get inside it's always 5 minutes at the most. I went inside, went through the pre-show, and was dumped into a mob of people at the load area. I'm not kidding when I say this, but there must have been 400 people between the pre-show rooms and the load belt. It was literally packed to the point where you could NOT MOVE AT ALL, and definitely in violation of fire codes. And I just had this bad feeling the whole time we were making our way to the load belt. Some natural instinct was just telling me to leave. What made this worse? They were still dumping full preshows the whole time! I only noticed one exit in the immediate area, and I couldn't help but think about the panic that would ensue if there was a fire or something and everybody had to leave quickly.

So after the 20 minute wait at the load area, I finally got on and rode. When I got off, I asked the greeter if I could talk to a supervisor, and she called for a coordinator. I told him about what happened and he said that it was not supposed to be packed like that and that they are supposed to take smaller preshow groups if it gets backed up. He thanked me for letting him know, and went into the mansion (presumably to correct the issue.) About 1/2 hour later I came back, and noticed the wait time still said 20 minutes, but the line was now outside. I went in again and there was no mob at the load area.

Needless to say, that coordinator got a guest compliment from City Hall. He was fantastic.