You actually called the news station over not seeing something on the website?

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: You actually called the news station over not seeing something on the website?

Post by bookbabe » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:10 pm

shilohmm wrote:Risk is life, folks. Or life is risk, if you prefer -- if we *could* eliminate all risk, that would be mere existence, IMHO.
Isn't that kind of the theme of the movie "Surrogates" with Bruce Willis? Live life virtually so that you can eliminate all danger and be completely safe and risk-free...? :confused: Kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me...but it's a scarily logical possible consequence of today's lawsuit-happy society...

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: You actually called the news station over not seeing something on the website?

Post by hobie16 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:52 pm

DisneyMom wrote:...one complaint was that she could no longer wear contact lenses, then she showed up AT THE TRIAL wearing them! :p:
Doh!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:43 am

I am not a fan of government regulations; the less a senator/president/governor/congressman/dog catcher has their hands in, the better in my opinion... yet people refuse to take responsibility for their lives, and so it really is the people who, though they have an incredible IQ, choose to be morons and when they do decide they must make some money off it that create the problem.

Side effects: No one can be trusted. Ever. You must assume that everyone is out to get you, because a majority will be when given the chance.

My father is the CEO of a company in the Pacific Northwest, and because of this litigious aspect of society, he spends several hours a month talking to some very high-dollar attorneys in the area. The day is coming when every company will need a lawyer or five. Parents, I would encourage your children to go into law, preferably law where they are protecting people and companies from morons.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:25 am

Big Wallaby wrote:...Parents, I would encourage your children to go into law, preferably law where they are protecting people and companies from morons.
Unfortunately, for every attorney with good in his heart, you find dozens chasing $$$. (That is, it's 99% of the lawyers out there that give the other 1% a bad name! :rolleyes :) And somehow morons make it into this profession, too.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:03 pm

Maybe it's just me, but the concept of each lap sitter requiring an adult lap to sit in seems somewhat on the obvious side. I mean, did they really think the 3 year old was going to manage an 8 month old???? It's not like they'd be in an ideal position to help since their hands would be full. This just seems like a head scratcher regardless of safety regulations or what was/was not on the website. I wouldn't put that many people in 3 seats at a dinner table, let alone in something that actually moves.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:11 am

They tried to lap sit a 3 year old? You're forced to buy a ticket when they are 2!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:03 pm

Worse. They tried to use the 3 year old's lap to sit an infant in.

8^/

Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Mr. D. » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:29 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:Three choices:

B. The car seat that she would use for the 3yo did not meet FAA requirements so she knew she could not use it and did not bring it along.
All modern car seats are also FAA approved.
shilohmm wrote:I never would have imagined expecting a 2yo to sit in a seat with another child, either. How saintly are these kids that they wouldn't fuss about that and pester each other?

You didn't know? her children are perfect angles, and would never fuss or misbehave.

TdcOgre
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by TdcOgre » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:26 am

Mr. D. wrote:All modern car seats are also FAA approved.

You didn't know? her children are perfect angles, and would never fuss or misbehave.
They must be very acute.
:p:

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:47 am

Mayonnaise wrote:Worse. They tried to use the 3 year old's lap to sit an infant in.

8^/
That's just crazy, how would the 3 year old be able to watch movies on the iPad while snacking on chips and lemonade?

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."