Christmas Parade SGs

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
TechieSidhe
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Christmas Parade SGs

Post by TechieSidhe » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:04 pm

What kind of morons leave their wheelchair bound Gramma on Main Street holding your spot for the Christmas Parade, when ALL she seems to be able to do is sweep her arms to the side and say "taken." She was holding a place for four people who didn't show until 2 minutes before the parade. In the meantime, people who actually showed up and waited a half hour or so prior were made to move because they were standing too far into the sidewalk. DH and I gave up our spot so the rest of my family could watch it as according to the CM, we were too far back, but Gramma was never made to give up the empty spots in front of her.

Now if something had happened to Gramma, they'd be suing Disney. Apparently, when the kids FINALLY showed, they got in front of Gramma and pushed her back into other people's feet the entire time, and ignored Gramma.

If I could have called Adult Protective Services, I would.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Christmas Parade SGs

Post by darph nader » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:55 pm

Grammas,,now Designated Decoys. :(

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:50 pm

TechieSidhe wrote:What kind of morons leave their wheelchair bound Gramma on Main Street holding your spot for the Christmas Parade, when ALL she seems to be able to do is sweep her arms to the side and say "taken." She was holding a place for four people who didn't show until 2 minutes before the parade. In the meantime, people who actually showed up and waited a half hour or so prior were made to move because they were standing too far into the sidewalk. DH and I gave up our spot so the rest of my family could watch it as according to the CM, we were too far back, but Gramma was never made to give up the empty spots in front of her.

Now if something had happened to Gramma, they'd be suing Disney. Apparently, when the kids FINALLY showed, they got in front of Gramma and pushed her back into other people's feet the entire time, and ignored Gramma.

If I could have called Adult Protective Services, I would.
Its sad but I see people use elderly grandparents being used like this on a daily basis. I can't tell you how many groups with a GAC cards run into fastpass lane towing in some elderly person on oxygen or whatever.

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:22 pm

TechieSidhe wrote:DH and I gave up our spot so the rest of my family could watch it as according to the CM, we were too far back, but Gramma was never made to give up the empty spots in front of her.
Unfortunately in this case, that is the best the CM can do. Policy is to not interfere in territorial disputes between guests and basically let them try and defend space if they want to spend the effort for 2 hours to do so. Depending on how bad you'd feel about it, you could always have just scooted into "her" space and declared it yours and CMs wouldn't really care too much. There's just entirely too much he said/she said with reserving space so as long as no one is being threatened we let it go.
Just stay the heck out of my crosswalk or I will hunt you down.

Kurt

TechieSidhe
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TechieSidhe » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:19 am

Yeah, I had no intention on arguing with the CM. That guy's job was tough enough already. And even if I was right or wrong, I would have been the one to come out looking like the mean one for trying to take space from a little old frail lady in a wheelchair. It was way easier for DH and I to walk away, as it is, we've seen the parade before.

And if I had just sat there in front of Gramma and said "too bad, so sad," I'd have still come out looking like the bad guy, and y'all would be telling SGT stories about me. :-)