Wrong Map Idiot

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Wrong Map Idiot

Post by Princess Susi » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:12 am

Cheshire Figment wrote:I have decided that on my next trip to DLR I will bring along MK maps in Japanese and Spanish, as well as English. The Japanese and Spanish I will put in the "foreign language" map displays, in their proper places. I wonder how much chaos and confusion that will cause.

And I will sometimes ask people (especially CMs) for help when I can't find certain attractions, telling them "the map says it should be right here".
At DL they do not have separate maps in foreign languages. At the turnstiles, they have the map and a schedule all in English.

Maybe they get foreign language maps at City Hall. A DL CM would know that answer. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I always wondered about that, since at WDW you can get all sorts of languages. We brought home some Deutsch maps for Raffle's mom. I think it is cool that they have maps in all the languages. I did not find Polish however! What's up with that? ;) My mom would have enjoyed looking at that.

NO POLISH JOKES!!!!!!! ;)

HRH the Naughty Polish Princess Susi :p:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:30 am

About the different language maps, yes City Hall is one place and the oher place is near the Hub. The information board near Adventureland. :)

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:52 am

Princess Susi wrote:At DL they do not have separate maps in foreign languages. At the turnstiles, they have the map and a schedule all in English.

Maybe they get foreign language maps at City Hall. A DL CM would know that answer. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
I've seen maps of DCA in Spanish and Japanese at the information booth by the toy store.

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Re: My Evil Plot

Post by Randy B » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:21 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:I have decided that on my next trip to DLR I will bring along MK maps in Japanese and Spanish, as well as English. The Japanese and Spanish I will put in the "foreign language" map displays, in their proper places. I wonder how much chaos and confusion that will cause.

And I will sometimes ask people (especially CMs) for help when I can't find certain attractions, telling them "the map says it should be right here".
Even better. Post the DL maps at TL! Talk about chaos. Can you see someone trying to find the Matterhorn in the water park? :twisted: :D:

Randy

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: My Evil Plot

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:34 am

Randy B wrote:Even better. Post the DL maps at TL! Talk about chaos. Can you see someone trying to find the Matterhorn in the water park? :twisted: :D:

Randy
Nah! People would just think they were MK maps. But I might bring some DL maps back with me and load them in one of the racks in the tunnel near City Hall at MK.

The concept is not to confuse them more, but to screw over their (alleged) minds totally!

rebelrebel
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by rebelrebel » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:27 am

TowerTimmy wrote:I was at my attraction at Universal.

SG: "Excuse me, I'm not seeing any of these rides on the map."
Me: "Well let me look at it."

It was a Magic Kingdom map.
Classic! PMSL

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:43 pm

Not sure I told this story here already but I was working at Finding Nemo in Epcot when a guest came to me asking for crush roller coaster. Of course we do not have one. When I explained what we do have he got very upset and insisted over and over again that it does exist and he saw it on the map.

I asked to see this map. He pulled out his phone and sure enough we do have a crush coaster. Problem is that its located in Euro Disney at Walt Disney Studios.

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:44 pm

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
:hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria:

Thanks for that, I needed a good laugh today!

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Mr. D. » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:32 pm

You missed out on a golden opportunity.

Universal CM: "Well let me look at it. Ah yes. These rides are in the underground park area. You have to go to the Harry Potter land and in (name of shop) there are stairs to take you down there. If you have any problems, tell any of the CM's there that your looking for the "Magic-al Kingdom". Be sure to show them your map of what ride you want, They will know what you mean and direct you there.