Safari and Recent Back Surgery

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
acourtwdw
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Safari and Recent Back Surgery

Post by acourtwdw » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:57 pm

We are coming to WDW/DCL in 12 days!! Yippee!! I had back surgery 2 weeks ago so by the time I will want to ride the Safari I will be about a month post op. This is the only attracation that I am will to risk my back to ride since I have to see the baby elephant. I have done this attraction numerous times in the past so I know how bumpy it is.

My question is this: Is there a time of day that the attraction tends to be less "bumpy" and easier on the back?

Thanks so much :)

Over 50 trips in sixteen years! Including DL, DLP and DCL!

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: Safari and Recent Back Surgery

Post by ktulu » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:40 pm

acourtwdw wrote:We are coming to WDW/DCL in 12 days!! Yippee!! I had back surgery 2 weeks ago so by the time I will want to ride the Safari I will be about a month post op. This is the only attracation that I am will to risk my back to ride since I have to see the baby elephant. I have done this attraction numerous times in the past so I know how bumpy it is.

My question is this: Is there a time of day that the attraction tends to be less "bumpy" and easier on the back?

Thanks so much :)
Tuesdays and Saturdays before 3.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

acourtwdw
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by acourtwdw » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:43 pm

ktulu wrote:Tuesdays and Saturdays before 3.
Based on your post, the first park I hit after departing the Magic will be AK on Saturday Nov. 5.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:22 pm

acourtwdw wrote:My question is this: Is there a time of day that the attraction tends to be less "bumpy" and easier on the back?
No, but ask to sit in the first or second row. They are markedly less bumpy than those in the back above the rear wheels.

Worst case, waiting will cost you one truck's worth of wait, and I think it a good idea for 1 month PS.

Baby elephants are cute. Watching an Alpha team extract your aching back from a truck wouldn't be!

Zazu

acourtwdw
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by acourtwdw » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:21 pm

Zazu wrote:No, but ask to sit in the first or second row. They are markedly less bumpy than those in the back above the rear wheels.

Worst case, waiting will cost you one truck's worth of wait, and I think it a good idea for 1 month PS.

Baby elephants are cute. Watching an Alpha team extract your aching back from a truck wouldn't be!
Thank you!

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:28 am

When Zazu says there is a marked difference, let me put it this way: In the first and second rows the bumps are not really all that bad. But I've both experienced, and seen in the truck ahead of me from the driver's seat of the truck I was driving, people getting air time in row nine. In fact, I would say especially now since they've added that ninth row a couple years ago, make sure you do NOT sit in that back row, or you will be sorry for a very long time.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

acourtwdw
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by acourtwdw » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:15 am

Big Wallaby wrote:When Zazu says there is a marked difference, let me put it this way: In the first and second rows the bumps are not really all that bad. But I've both experienced, and seen in the truck ahead of me from the driver's seat of the truck I was driving, people getting air time in row nine. In fact, I would say especially now since they've added that ninth row a couple years ago, make sure you do NOT sit in that back row, or you will be sorry for a very long time.
Thanks. We will go in the morning and ask to sit in the front. I know that most CMs are accomdiating when it comes to requests of seat choices from past experiences. Oh, I understand that I might have to wait for the next truck or two to be able to sit in the front.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by ktulu » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:39 am

acourtwdw wrote:Thanks. We will go in the morning and ask to sit in the front. I know that most CMs are accomdiating when it comes to requests of seat choices from past experiences. Oh, I understand that I might have to wait for the next truck or two to be able to sit in the front.
Yeah, I'd trust what BW said before I'd trust anything I said. I always keep in mind the famous quote from Abraham Lincoln when he gave a pep talk to the founding fathers before they set out to discover America: "Don't trust what you read on the Internet."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:57 am

ktulu wrote:I always keep in mind the famous quote from Abraham Lincoln when he gave a pep talk to the founding fathers before they set out to discover America: "Don't trust what you read on the Internet."
So what does this do to Gore's account of the creation of the Internet?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by ktulu » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:21 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:So what does this do to Gore's account of the creation of the Internet?
Vint Cerf and Bob Khan take turns punching him in the face.