Little Girl surprised with DL trip on video

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Little Girl surprised with DL trip on video

Post by February » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:00 am

I came across this reading an Australian news site, believe it or not- but it's just one that gets you right here *patting chest* She's so cute.

We surprised my daughter once by telling her, after waking her up in the morning, that the reason she needed to get up early was that we had to go to the airport. She was about to turn four at the time (if I'm remembering which trip it was correctly). We woke her up, and within an hour we were at the airport.

She was so sleepy that it wasn't until we were actually in the car that suddenly, in the dark and silence, we heard this giggle. This just perfect, unbelievable giggle. She finally realized she wasn't dreaming.

I wish we had THAT reaction on video...but hope you enjoy this one of this family's surprise moment anyway.

http://youtu.be/OOpOhlGiRTM

oh, and by the way, those new commercials about making memories are just killing me. The one about there only being 'so many days between now and when she finds her real Prince Charming' had me sobbing and even March all choked up.

So glad for every moment of every trip we took when ours was small. Still hoping somehow I may get a chance to take her back there again, no matter how unlikely it seems now, I have to hope.

bru

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane

knitster
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Little Girl surprised with DL trip on video

Post by knitster » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:36 am

I watched it on Facebook yesterday and I was in tears! My kids know that we're planning a Disneyland trip in 2013, but I'm tempted to lie and tell them that its not going to happen, just so I can do a 'surprise!' video! lol

[font="Century Gothic"]amanda wife to kevin mom to caedmon 10, presley 5, and hendrix 1[/font]

RedOctober25
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by RedOctober25 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:25 pm

Two of my favorite "surprise" moments caught on tape are as follows... The first is actually a surprise fail (type "disney surprise fail" into youtube) where the parents told the children that they were flying to see their grandparents. Then once at the airport they told them that they were really going to disney. The little boy threw a fit because he didn't want to go to disney, he wanted to see his grandparents. It is priceless, and I feel for those parents. The second was just an odd place to spring the surprise. I had gotten off the plane at Orlando International, taken the tram to the main terminal, walked down to the lower level then over to the Magical Express stations. So here is where the parents decided to surprise their daughter. Keep in mind, they flew into orlando... Past the disney store at the main terminal, down to the DME stations where cast members are wearing Mickey Gloves and everyone else is wearing disney clothing. "Guess where you are going Suzy? DisneyWorld!" let's just say it wasn't much of a surprise. I commend anyone that can truly pull off a surprise trp, but think the surprise needs to be sprung at home (and not on the road).

So that video... Perfect.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:58 pm

I still remember being on the receiving end of such a surprise once, back in the middle of the last century.

The day before my birthday, my parents told my brother an I that we'd be going to Disneyland in the morning. My brother and I looked at each other, and (for probably the last time) shared three thoughts:

1. The places we saw on TV were real!

2. Disneyland was close enough to drive!

3. Our parents were cool enough to take us there!

Much cheering ensued.

:queenhts:

As the Queen of Hearts once said, "I think six impossible things before breakfast." Between my brother and I, we had her covered. Little did we realize how soon we'd meet her.

Zazu

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:37 pm

My personal favourite bit:

*Holds up T-Shirt* "It's a monster....I mean Minnie Mouse" :hysteria:

One must wonder what her reaction was when she met the real Minnie, lol.