Official SGT ADD thread

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Official SGT ADD thread

Post by Goofyernmost » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:29 am

hobie16 wrote:The funniest thing I see is rental Mustang convertibles with the top down, loaded to the gunnels with suitcases going down the highway. Dudes, it's Hawaii. Couple t-shirts and shorts, swimsuit, that's all you need. You can pick up your gaudy aloha shirts at Hilo Hatties.

Note to tourists - Do not ever consider buying the aloha shirt pictured below.

It has to be the most Gawdawfulest pattern ever produced. If you must buy the shirt please do not let your spouse/SO/GF buy a matching outfit. If you look up eye pollution in your Funk & Wagnall's a couple wearing this pattern will be pictured.
I don't know...I think it's kinda purty!

:goofy: :goofy:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:55 am

Goofyernmost wrote:I don't know...I think it's kinda purty!
The picture doesn't do it's Gawdawfulness justice. It gives off a glow that even Lahaina Noon can't suppress.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:58 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Well, I don't usually do the gaudy thing, but I do get some shirts at Hilo Hattie's when I am there. I need to go back.
Sears is better than Hilo Hatties.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:08 am

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:23 am

CujoSR wrote:That's OK. You can pay me.
Depends on the types of services you provide. :twisted:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:44 pm

CujoSR wrote:Image
The force has not been kind to Luke has it!

:goofy: :goofy:

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:54 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:The force has not been kind to Luke has it!
Well, remember, he's 60 years old this year, not to mention nearly being killed (and pretty badly scarred up) in a car wreck just after Star Wars came out (part of the reason Luke was attacked and nearly killed by the Wampa at the beginning of Empire.) Not to mention, that's not a very flattering picture of him.

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:54 am

hobie16 wrote:Sears is better than Hilo Hatties.
Yes, but we have Sears on the mainland. So we go to Hilo Hattie's. There is no Hilo Hattie's on the mainland. While in Hilo, I never stopped to see if there was a Hilo Hattie's there. I realize I could just do a quick search, but where's the fun in that? I must bring Little Wallaby back to Hawaii and see for myself. If you say here I will hide that post from myself. Especially since I assume there is one anyway and don't even need to ask.

Not that I ever buy anything from Hilo Hattie's, except for one of my favorite shirts for all occasions...

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:05 am

Sears, in Hawaii, has better aloha shirts than Hilo Hatties. But hey, what do I know? I just live here. :cool: If you want the really good one's then Tommy's is the place.

--- Matt King

Planner
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Planner » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:26 pm

I must be all packed as I just lost an hour of my life reading parts of the RCID Comp Plan. I feel bad for the folk who had to write it to meet Fla law knowing the area in question is so unlike any other.

I so used to want to be a urban planner for Disney but now I think I have my cure for those sleepless nights. :eek:

[font="Comic Sans MS"]"You can't just let nature run wild"[/font]
Walt Disney

Wonder if he was thinking about a SG:D: