SG Trip Report

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
seeing_eye_child
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

SG Trip Report

Post by seeing_eye_child » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:12 pm

In 9 days down in WDW, I am pleased to report a general lack of bad behavior interfering with my trip. Still, there were a few bits of SG gold I observed that I'd like to share with the class.

Line Cutters, The First
On arrival day, there was a host of unsupervised teenagers spread throughout the MK. We watched a group of about 4 girls successfully hop/duck around the barriers at Philharmagic to skip about 1/2 the line. (Not that there was much of a line to skip.) One said, "Oh wait, this isn't fastpass," and they hopped out of line. I'm *fairly* sure fastpass wasn't operating for Philharmagic. Judging from where I saw them in the holding pen before you get into the theater, I think they actually went to the end of the line. Comeuppance #1: The line was longer when they got back in than it would've been had they just gone to the end to begin with. (Everyone got into the next show, anyway.) The theater was full-ish and the CMs were enforcing the "move all the way to the end of the row" directions. The same group of girls rushed around the crowd to head into the seating area first, and stopped in the middle. Everyone refused to go around them. Comeuppance #2: They probably would've middle seats if they'd simply followed the crowd from where they were in the holding area. Instead, they were forced to move to the end of their row. Neener neener neener!

Line Cutters, The Second
We were among the first people to get into the preshow area at the Tiki Room. Although the SG family immediately behind us could have entered the middle or top tiers, which were empty, they followed us into the bottom tier. And then blew right past us to be first at the doors. We didn't care, of course, because it hardly matters inside the theater, and you can't see the preshow if you're right by the doors. Obviously, they didn't know this. Once the preshow started, they realized their mistake. For some silly reason, they seemed to think they could pass us by again and take our view. We positioned ourselves such that THIS time, there was no passing us without pushing. Our view was fairly poor, so from their position, they couldn't see a damn thing!

Refund Rats
At about 2pm one day in the Studios, it began to drizzle. By 2:20, the drizzle had become a torrential downpour. We didn't really mind. While waiting in line at Guest Relations to ask a quick question, we overheard the complaint of the guests in front of us. They were a pair of grown adults all the way from England, so they should have a modicum of sense and tolerance for rain between them, right? Nope. They'd been in the park for 2 hours and were - SURPRISE - demanding a refund for their tickets. Apparently, the rain had stopped them from having any fun at all because they "couldn't get on anything. Everything is closed because of the rain. [They've] been looking for something to do for two hours." The CM kindly ignored the fact that it had only been raining for about a half hour, and calmly informed them that both ToT and RnRC were operating. Apparently, somebody who mistakes 1/2 an hour of rain for 2 hours also has difficulty discerning the difference between operational and 101, because they insisted ToT was down. I suppose it's likely the afternoon stunt shows were canceled, but apparently they thought lying about the thrill rides would get them farther. Unfortunately, I was gone before I found out if the CM was able to fend off the SGs.

A Complaint on Behalf of the CMs
We attempted to get our hands on a short stack of Great Service Fanatic cards on our way into the parks so that we could fill them out along the way and not forget. Apparently those things are kept under lock and key and given out only under great duress. Nobody would give us more than 2, and once we weren't given any at all! Apparently management doesn't want us to give you compliments. Harumph!

Going around World Showcase is like traveling in time and relative dimensions in space! :tardis:

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: SG Trip Report

Post by Shorty82 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:44 pm

seeing_eye_child wrote:I'm *fairly* sure fastpass wasn't operating for Philharmagic.
Philarmagic no long has Fastpass, and hasn't for quite some time. Fastpass Distribution there is now for Winnie the Pooh. That said, Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan Fastpass machines both sometimes give out "surprise Fastpasses" for Philar in the mornings that are good right away, the idea being to try to get more guests into the empty shows in the morning.
A Complaint on Behalf of the CMs
We attempted to get our hands on a short stack of Great Service Fanatic cards on our way into the parks so that we could fill them out along the way and not forget. Apparently those things are kept under lock and key and given out only under great duress. Nobody would give us more than 2, and once we weren't given any at all! Apparently management doesn't want us to give you compliments. Harumph!
GSF cards are technically only for CMs to recognize other CMs. Guests wanting to recognize CMs have to talk to either a manager in that area or Guest Relations (who do pass the compliments along).

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:36 pm

Shorty82 wrote:Philarmagic no long has Fastpass, and hasn't for quite some time. Fastpass Distribution there is now for Winnie the Pooh. That said, Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan Fastpass machines both sometimes give out "surprise Fastpasses" for Philar in the mornings that are good right away, the idea being to try to get more guests into the empty shows in the morning.
I can only imagine how thrilled some of the quests that get these are when it happens. :eek:

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:05 pm

Lasolimu wrote:I can only imagine how thrilled some of the quests that get these are when it happens. :eek:
They're mostly confused, wondering why they got two Fastpass tickets per park ticket.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:06 pm

seeing_eye_child wrote:Apparently, somebody who mistakes 1/2 an hour of rain for 2 hours also has difficulty...
It musta been jet lag. :D:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:31 am

Good that you missed a lot of Bad Behavior,But just enough seen for some head shaking :cool:

I intervened some line cutting last trip- Indy had only 15 min wait but SGs (Stupid Girls) couldn't do it, so Mom waited in line and they pushed thru entire line and past us once, got intercepted at the Film Room by CM and sent back to wait. We watched film, and proceeded in line to almost the loading area, here they come AGAIN :mad:
After a verbal exchange where I told the girls to wait like everyone else, and to NOT touch me to push thru, they cut thru using line parallel to us. I didn't stop them, but slowed them down, and maybe they will not do that in future.
At least I like to Fantasize that will happen. :cool:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

chandlers_a_girl
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by chandlers_a_girl » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:01 am

For an upcoming trip in November (10 days, YAY), I'd like to know how to report awesome CM's. CM make the whole experience! I know how hard it is to work with stupid people. So many are thankless. I do not want to be one of THOSE.

Do I need to hunt down a manager? How can I distinguish a manager?

Holly

Planner
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Planner » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:38 am

chandlers_a_girl Like you we love to thank helpful CMs and find it hard to do so. A few times we have managed to tell say the front desk or such but not usually. To at least let the CM know we noticed what they did we have made up little biz card sized thank you cards to give out to CMs that really make our day. You should see the face of a CM when we give them a cute little card with Minnie on it saying thank you-some of our most treasured memories.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]"You can't just let nature run wild"[/font]
Walt Disney

Wonder if he was thinking about a SG:D:

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:40 am

Welcome chandlers a girl,I know it's a little early in the day (hell,it's never too early) have a :pepper: :beer: :pepsi: from the BDoDGT. :cool:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:57 pm

chandlers_a_girl, that's a great attitude to have, and I'm right with you -- the CM's are the ones making the magic happen. Kudos to you for wanting to see the good ones recognized.

To me, nothing beats a good, old-fashioned, snail-mail letter giving the details on the cast member's name, location, date and time, and what they did to make your trip special. I am reliably told that every compliment is passed on to the CM. Send the letter to Guest Services for the resort -- you can find the address online.

Oh, and:
:sgthello:
:D: :D: :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter