Talk about misunderstanding where a ride is.

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Talk about misunderstanding where a ride is.

Post by WEDFan » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:52 am

avengador1 wrote:Countdown to extinction was renamed Dinosaur back in 2000. They must have been some old timers.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Din ... nosaur.htm
http://www.solarius.com/dvp/wdw/ctx.htm
Actually, I'm the old timer, hence the stick out tongue smilie. I like to be obstinate and use the old names, which I like better.

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:35 am

I also like the old name and still call the ride Countdown to Extinction. It has a better ring to it than Dinosaur does. It also fits the ride better and is more accurate. ;)

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:01 am

avengador1 wrote:I also like the old name and still call the ride Countdown to Extinction. It has a better ring to it than Dinosaur does. It also fits the ride better and is more accurate. ;)
And most of the Cast Members who work there would look at you funny if you called it that. I am sure there are a few who would know or remember.

Then again, maybe it's trained in their Basics. Or whatever it's being called now.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:00 am

I even managed to find a picture I took of it back in 1999.

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Post by CptnSkippy » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:29 am

turkeyham wrote:
They do have a hot air balloon at DTD and that goes up several feet, but I don't know how much you can see?
Icon and Hollywood Tower at Studios

And Epcot:

Other than that - a lot of trees (I have one pic where you can make out the contemporary and space mountain...but you have to squint and tilt your head ;) )

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:27 am

The views when you take off south out of OIA can be fantastic. I even have a shot of my house from doing that.

When I went to Portland three weeks ago, I was able to get a glance at them shortly before seeing us turn out over the Gulf. We rode the coast all the way to New Orleans. Beautiful flight to Dallas.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?