Clocking Out (Possibly for good)

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Clocking Out (Possibly for good)

Post by glendalais » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:52 am

hhsrat wrote:And if the cast member works in an area that doesn't use CDS?
They would still show up in CDS, though it wouldn't show any shifts.

Smile.Like.You.Mean.It
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Smile.Like.You.Mean.It » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:59 am

such a simple thing that could have been prevented, it reminds me of the people fired for drinking in the cast parking lot. think before you do!

SG: "Excuse me, do you work here?"
Me: looking down at obvious costume/nametag while standing in front of attraction with similar theme. "Uh, yeah."
:oweye: i thought that question was just a myth!!

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:49 am

Another dumb way to get fired is to get caught texting and driving. I heard a manager was fired a few weeks back for doing so. Texting and driving is dumb to begin with and as dangerous as drunk driving.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:02 am

avengador1 wrote:Another dumb way to get fired is to get caught texting and driving. I heard a manager was fired a few weeks back for doing so. Texting and driving is dumb to begin with and as dangerous as drunk driving.
A CM can be fired for violating any laws while on Disney property. I think it depends on the severity of the crime whether or not they proceed with termination procedures, especially in traffic law cases.

Texting while driving is an issue Disney has recently begun taken very seriously. Most of the cast parking lots now have signs reminding cast not to text and drive.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:03 pm

Texting while driving is an issue Disney has recently begun taken very seriously. Most of the cast parking lots now have signs reminding cast not to text and drive.
I saw those, they even had some on the sidewalk to remind people to watch where they walked. I guess texting and walking and be dangerous too. ;)

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:17 pm

^ I've seen managers scold CMs (backstage obviously) for walking while texting...I'm pretty sure that's another thing you can get in trouble for.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

DragonFox98
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by DragonFox98 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:36 pm

hobie16 wrote:I never was. Some days it would be eight hours, an occasional six, followed by weeks of fourteen. If I'd been clocking in I would have killed them on OT.
I haven't clocked in to a job since I was 20 years old!!! I've been a "professional" since then. I did have to keep my time on projects and client accounts when I worked at a CPA firm, but that was for billing purposes (and can be changed). Put it this way: I worked about 50 hours last week and I'm looking at 60 this week. If I was paid OT, I could pay my mortgage off by the end of the year. But that's the thing with salaried jobs: you get paid the big bucks to be available. I don't mind it....I get plenty of days off and flex time when I need it.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:30 pm

DragonFox98 wrote:I don't mind it....I get plenty of days off and flex time when I need it.
That was the cool thing about my last job. My boss knew what kind of hours I put in so when it came time for some vacation, he never charged the time. That turned into a nice bonus when I retired.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:25 am

Freak wrote:^ I've seen managers scold CMs (backstage obviously) for walking while texting...I'm pretty sure that's another thing you can get in trouble for.
But the funny thing is, I've seen plenty of times where a manager will text someone on stage. I'm guessing it's partly for work reasons, partly for fun, but still. Isn't it still bad show?

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:44 am

5th Dimension wrote:But the funny thing is, I've seen plenty of times where a manager will text someone on stage. I'm guessing it's partly for work reasons, partly for fun, but still. Isn't it still bad show?
Most of the time they are emailing or texting another manager about something work related. In my normal shop they pretty much have to do it on stage as for some reason their Blackberries get almost no signal in our stockroom.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward