WDW to Outsource Golf Courses

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

WDW to Outsource Golf Courses

Post by glendalais » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:56 pm

Orlando Sentinel: Disney World to turn golf courses over to Arnold Palmer group

I have to admit, it makes sense. Outside of the PGA Tour, I never hear anything about the Golf Courses. They just don't carry the same allure and uniqueness that they probably did back in the 1970s and 1980s, particularly with every hotel, resort, subdivision and neighbourhood in Central Florida seeming to have one attached nowadays.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: WDW to Outsource Golf Courses

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:10 pm

Agreed that this makes sense. Why not have a group run that area that is known for having many of the best?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

goofyjoe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: WDW to Outsource Golf Courses

Post by goofyjoe » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:37 am

As someone who frequently plays the golf courses, I'm reserving judgment until I see the results of the change-over.

Some golf courses have really great service (LBV and Osprey Ridge), while others are so-so in terms of amenities, food, and just the overall experience (Palm and Magnolia, the two PGA courses). Disney hasn't really been doing much of anything about the pace-of-play problems at Palm and Magnolia (4.5 to 5 hour rounds are very common, and nobody tries to move people along), and perhaps new management would help there.

Gawrsh, yah-huh!