I thought it was about time for a good old soap box rant.

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: I thought it was about time for a good old soap box rant.

Post by ktulu » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:15 pm

dizneeluvr wrote:as a mom of 2 i do know about being pregnant. i often wonder why women would even go to WDW while pregnant. they technically shouldn't be on most of the rides. the same goes for the couple who go to the park w/an infant. why? you can't enjoy most of the rides together, you need to ride swap and not to mention the fact that you have to deal w/formula ,diapers, etc.
as for the foul mouth bee-yotch, it's a shame she was blessed w/being pregnant. some people should not have children. and to top it off, her reaction to the people in wheelchairs was truly awful. as i see it, her handicap is STUPIDITY, and she is incurable.
We took our 1 year old to DL, again this year (she is 2 now), and we had fun. Baby swap is not a big deal, and it creates memories for us with our daughter. I wouldn't have any problem taking an infant to the parks. It's not all about the rides :) Same goes for pregnant women, as long as they stay within their limits and stay off the rides, why not go!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Floridian
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Floridian » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:07 pm

[quote="ktulu"]
Sooooo, that said, is the front row less bumpy ]

Simple answer: yes. Depending on your driver if you are all the way in row 8 you could be flying threw the air for half the safari. If people seem concerned about the bumpiness but insist on riding for whatever reason they usually will get put in the front, or at least near the front. But that being said the front row is still bumpy. Even the very best driver is going to give a bumpy ride, its designed to be that way. In the drivers seat we have some serious shock absorbers and what feels like springs under our seats (forget exactly what the thing that works our seat is called) so when we bounce we don't hit the seat coming back down.

FYI if you plan on riding safari and requesting a front row. You may want to request towards the front of the truck rather than just 1st row because many of our trucks are WC accessible so they have no real 1st row. The 2nd row is considered the front on these trucks. If you ask for front row you might be standing around while 3-5 trucks pass before one with a 'real 1st row' arrives.

vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by vixen101485 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:40 pm

I agree with Ktulu. It's not all about the rides. There is so much to do at Disney that missing a roller coaster or 2 is not going to be the end of the world and you can still have a good time riding some gentler rides(has their been a case of IASW causing a miscarrage? Dont think so!) and seeing shows and soaking in all the wonderful atmosphere.

Women go to WDW preggo for the same reason they go to the grocery store or out to get their haircut.....because THEY CAN. Just because you are pregnant does not mean you have to be kept in a glass bubble. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule ...medical complications and all.

As for taking diaper clad kiddos. Been there, done that, not an issue. It actually forces you to slow down and enjoy the wonder of magic on a small child's face. My DD's fav thing last time, the interactive water fountains. She might not remember much of it, but I do and her Dad does. Truthfully, I liked the baby swap, meant I didnt have to stand in line and could go look at the stores while we waited for her Dad. Plus it was kinda neat going in the exit at a few of them and watching people's face go all "How Come She can go that way and I cant" :D: I'm a rebel what can I say? LOL
Carrying all the extras with you is something you are going to have to do regardless of where you go--grandmas, the mall, etc. Might as well have fun while doing it. ;)

Driver_dylan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Driver_dylan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:25 pm

vixen101485 wrote:(has their been a case of IASW causing a miscarrage? Dont think so!)
Accually yes. It has happened twice to date. Both women were not very far along and would have miscarried just walking around the park, but they did it there. Who knew.
vixen101485 wrote: Women go to WDW preggo for the same reason they go to the grocery store or out to get their haircut.....because THEY CAN. Just because you are pregnant does not mean you have to be kept in a glass bubble. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule ...medical complications and all.
I never ment to say that they should. My point was this; If you chose of your own free will, to go to the parks (or anywhere for that matter) and you are pregnant, you should not demand to be treated as if you have a disability. You do not, and you should not snap at cast members who are just doing their jobs.

VISA. It's everywhere you want to be, and a lot of places you don't.

vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by vixen101485 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:37 pm

[quote="Driver_dylan"]Accually yes. It has happened twice to date. Both women were not very far along and would have miscarried just walking around the park, but they did it there. Who knew.

I never ment to say that they should. My point was this]
BUT the ride itself did not cause it, right? That falls into the "not meant to be regardless of where you are" category. Shoot I rode a bike until I was too top heavy to balance. Doc encouraged it. "just be careful not to run into anything" My doc had a weird sense of humor :rolleyes: Rides like IASW are more mild then riding in a car over Pittsburgh's infamous potholes

I actually was responding to another poster that wondered why they would. Just to let you know if you see me. I am not pregnant, just fat. :p: P.S. I would be one of the bystander guests who would speak up to those types and tell them "shut up and get on the train already"

Driver_dylan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Driver_dylan » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:03 am

Thats Ok. I didn't take any real offence.

To answer your question, The guest of the second insodent did try to sue according to a Lawyer that I know who works for WDW. As far as I know, the case is still winding its way through the court system.

Anyway, I hope you have many visits of happiness with your children / cousins / friends kids / or rental children. (a joke involving my sisters kids and my sittering skills in the parks)

VISA. It's everywhere you want to be, and a lot of places you don't.

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:13 am

[quote="Driver_dylan"]I never meant to say that they should. My point was this]

Agreed.

I don't have a problem with pregnant women going to WDW. If you are not a local or within say a two hour trip, why on earth would you want to fly or drive (say) 1000 + miles to walk around in the summer heat and humidity of Orlando Florida ?

To my that would not be fun.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:54 am

OK, I will start off with this disclaimer. I am male, have never been personally pregnant and I am really thankful about that fact. I did have a wife who was pregnant twice, so I am an expert.

Here are my thoughts. Pregnancy will not be ended because a ride is bouncy, if you don't believe me ask any number of men who have taken their wives out on bumpy roads in a failed attempt to get the kid born before Jan. 1st. (tax break)

The risk is for accidents! A strong blow to the abdomen could naturally cause enough trauma to induce labor. A high activity ride such as MS could cause a jump in blood pressure and a dangerous situation for both Mother and Child. But just going on non-screamer rides will in and of itself not cause any problem.

What did women do before the invention of air filled rubber tires? They rode horses and buckboards to get where they needed to go. They worked side by side in the fields with their husbands to insure food was on the table, pitched hay to feed the livestock and so on. Contrary to popular beliefs woman (i.e. Pregnant women) are not made of porcelain. They are quite durable and so is the baby. If a miscarriage is meant to be in a situation other than trauma, it will happen no matter what one is doing. I'm sure many miscarriages have happened while watching soap operas and eating marshmallows.

Just use common sense and avoid rides that could cause accidental trauma and all should be well.

:goofy: :goofy:

vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by vixen101485 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:16 am

Driver_dylan wrote:To answer your question, The guest of the second insodent did try to sue according to a Lawyer that I know who works for WDW. As far as I know, the case is still winding its way through the court system. )
HA! :eek: You're kidding? That is an example of a greedy person to the extreme. So I guess if she would have lost the baby in a car on the way to a store while she was at home she would be the one to try to sue the car company, the person who sold it to them, the ppl responsible for the road the car was on, and the clothes manufacturer of what she was wearing. YEESH! That is just so sad. :(

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:45 am

leftcoaster wrote:Agreed.

I don't have a problem with pregnant women going to WDW. If you are not a local or within say a two hour trip, why on earth would you want to fly or drive (say) 1000 + miles to walk around in the summer heat and humidity of Orlando Florida ?

To my that would not be fun.
Unless you're coming from some place that is hot and humid
:D:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."