Brazil!!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: Brazil!!

Post by ktulu » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:05 pm

rebelrebel wrote:Was at Beauty and the Beast the other day, four of the teenagers came in half way during the show and sat behind me and my family, they then talked and laughed for a while. I turned around and put my fingers to my lips asking them to be quiet, it was annoying for us but would really spoil it for the little kids, when I turned away DH saw one of them flipping me the finger. If I'd have know I'd have taken a photo of the brat and gone and found a leader.
If someone did that to my wife, I'd have to engage...after the show ;)

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

rebelrebel
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by rebelrebel » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:16 pm

ktulu wrote:If someone did that to my wife, I'd have to engage...after the show ;)
DH would normally have too but he's a teacher and really can't, its not worth the trouble it might bring.

:bowie:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:09 pm

ktulu wrote:If someone did that to my wife, I'd have to engage...after the show ;)
rebelrebel wrote:DH would normally have too but he's a teacher and really can't, its not worth the trouble it might bring.
Easy peeezy. He brings the finger back and displays it during show and tell as an example of cause and effect. You flipped off my wife, which caused me to tear off your finger, which effectively means you won't be flipping anyone off again. Unless, of course, you wanna bet that your other dandy digit is impervious to a quick yank.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

StupidGuestPrick
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by StupidGuestPrick » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:36 am

hobie16 wrote:Easy peeezy. He brings the finger back and displays it during show and tell as an example of cause and effect. You flipped off my wife, which caused me to tear off your finger, which effectively means you won't be flipping anyone off again. Unless, of course, you wanna bet that your other dandy digit is impervious to a quick yank.
"The Finger" is still free speech and that has been affirmed by the Supreme Court of the US. Physical violence is not warranted.

kerbear135
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by kerbear135 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:22 am

StupidGuestPrick wrote:"The Finger" is still free speech and that has been affirmed by the Supreme Court of the US. Physical violence is not warranted.
They're citizens of Brazil, not the US..the Supreme Court's ruling does not apply to them.

jnasty63
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by jnasty63 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:27 am

I work down at Busch Gardens at the new Cheetah Hunt ride and they tried to do all the tricks even going through the exit to try and go across the platform when their group was just at the front of the line and boy down in the shop I almost had a riot. Also a group from Peru was in the park and went to eat lunch in a restaurant when a Brazilian group came in and got food they were all sitting and one group started to chant and the other started as well which started a food fight and the park officials wouldn't kick anyone out just spoke to the group leaders :mad:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:38 am

StupidGuestPrick wrote:"The Finger" is still free speech and that has been affirmed by the Supreme Court of the US. Physical violence is not warranted.
I believe the SCOTUS decision involved an arrest where the petitioner displayed half a peace sign to an officer of the law while riding in a bus. The decision did not address physical retribution caused by flipping without thinking ahead about an escape route.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:21 am

Welcome jnasty63. It may seem a little early,but what the hell,,,have a beverage. :beer: :pepsi: :coke: from BDoSGT.

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:48 pm

Please always keep in mind that the Bill of Rights is a limit on government, not private citizens. While as a private citizen I cannot violate other laws (say, against assault) in response to someone else's speech, I am otherwise absolutely free to treat another as I see fit because of his speech or conduct.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

AndyFL
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by AndyFL » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:22 pm

To tell you the truth, these tour groups are 99.9% of the reason we are buying seasonal passes this year rather than regular annual passes....the blackout dates are precisely the time they are there. Life's too short to put up with that crap.