Brazil!!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
seeing_eye_child
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Brazil!!

Post by seeing_eye_child » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:32 am

Lasolimu wrote:I don't really think it's all cultural differences, my brother lived around Sao Paulo for two years and when I tell him the horror stories of Brazilian tour groups he is surprised. My guess is it mostly stems from a lack of supervision with a large group of friends. This also explains the NoJ and grad night horror stories.
I'm sure the supervision thing is true, especially when you take into account that this is the first time a lot of these teens have really been away from their parents for any real amount of time. However, there is one common complaint that is DEFINITELY cultural: the chanting. Get a large group of Brazilians together doing anything fun like....oh say, watching their national team creaming everybody else at the World Cup....and you get chanting. Normal for them, annoying to us. Like vuvzelas.

Going around World Showcase is like traveling in time and relative dimensions in space! :tardis:

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:34 am

DisneyMom wrote:She is! Favorite moment: Abby and Paige tussling over something (Paige with gleam in her eye)-Me to Abby: How lucky you are to have a sister!! You will love each other very much when you are grown-up!
Abby- No I won't :p:
Main Streeter wrote:Yes, I heard Abby say this with extreme clarity. So cute!
They were really cute this morning, Paige had to climb into the back of the Jeep to give her big sister a kiss and hug. They will love each other, when they are not trying to kill each other :D:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:34 am

Nothing more fun than having a big Brazilian tour group come up to your cart and nearly wipe you out of all your product. They don't chant around me, and generally they're pretty friendly. I just go as fast as I can so that way they don't have any chances to do anything crazy around my cart.

But yeah, they seriously can wipe almost all the inventory off of your cart, especially if they're either really hungry or really thirsty...

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:23 am

Freak wrote:But yeah, they seriously can wipe almost all the inventory off of your cart, especially if they're either really hungry or really thirsty...
There are no problems, just opportunities...

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:14 am

Freak wrote:But yeah, they seriously can wipe almost all the inventory off of your cart, especially if they're either really hungry or really thirsty...
I would say that's great! Good to sell product. But I suppose that's frustrating from a restock viewpoint.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:19 pm

Oh no, its for sure a good thing...Not a problem at all. That's what a vending cart is there for. I've never complained about selling out of product. (Though trust me, stockers sometimes hate it) Trust me, I LOVED having people at my cart.

But, depending on your location, it can be a bad thing too.... If you're short on stockers, and you're in a far off location (take Hollywood or Front of Park for DCA), it's going to be FOREVER for you to get a delivery. And its going to be a full delivery, which means the stocker generally won't have any more room in their stocking dolly for any other deliveries. That means the stocker will have to do a second run for any other carts in need of product. Its more of a logistics/back of house problem than anything.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

rebelrebel
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by rebelrebel » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:26 am

We've had good and bad experiences with them, they really do liven up the wait for Fantasmic making it more fun but we've also had them cut line too, had this with the Cheerleaders too. How long are they usually there, are they gone by the end July? :)

:bowie:

Experiment 626
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Experiment 626 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:38 pm

I always felt like the cheerleaders were worse than the Brazilians. I give the Brazilians the benefit of the doubt - cultural differences and all.

The cheerleaders, on the other hand (and their parents), know exactly what sort of behavior is expected from them, they just choose to ignore it. Because, of course, we all came to the park to listen and watch YOUR kids cheer in the middle of Main Street, rather than, you know, enjoy the atmosphere that Disney spent so much time creating for us.

Tinker Bell
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Tinker Bell » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:49 am

NemoRanger wrote:A new trick the groups did to me a couple of times yesterday was to have two of them wait in the line and then when they reached the front call over the other 10 or 20 from the posse. I was not about to have that so I would stop them and tell them that the two people who waited in line could go but the others would have to wait in the back of the line. I swear if I didnt do this then I would have a riot on my hand from the other guest as each SG takes individual pictures
Actually this is not new, they used to do this all the time and then they stopped because Attendants started doing what you did. The Brazilians tend to rehash every couple of years old tricks and try them out. Studios seem to be a favorite for them to try these tricks, I have no idea why. Good for you to stand your ground and not let them get away with that.

I saw a couple of weeks ago that a famous company tour group from Brazil is back. I believe they had been banned but either the ban got lifted, or they worked it out. They used to be the worst group and I was shaking when I saw them. Thankfully they behaved ok, so hopefully they learned their lesson... :rolleyes:

I have nothing nice to say about Brazilians, most of my encounters with them have been nothing but trouble and rudeness on their part. :(

rebelrebel
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by rebelrebel » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:58 pm

Was at Beauty and the Beast the other day, four of the teenagers came in half way during the show and sat behind me and my family, they then talked and laughed for a while. I turned around and put my fingers to my lips asking them to be quiet, it was annoying for us but would really spoil it for the little kids, when I turned away DH saw one of them flipping me the finger. If I'd have know I'd have taken a photo of the brat and gone and found a leader.

:bowie: