Question about SG Complaints

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Question about SG Complaints

Post by leftcoaster » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:40 am

svickersart wrote:I've been beefin with AAA for years about how poor they are at getting good locations for us. My drivers are the ones that take all the flack when someone has to wait because we cant find them. It really starts with the member who cannont give a good location, then a call taker who doesnt know the area or what questions to ask to find out where they are. AAA also uses a company out of Florida when they get busy so it gets a lot worse, but they are not the worse of the auto clubs, GE has outsourced to India, try getting calls for road service from them. But I only have two more weeks of AAA, as of Sept 1 we will no longer be towing for them so thats a lot of stress off my shoulders.
Oh I completely understand. I definitely wasn't blaming the tow-truck driver. It was just frustrating because I knew I had a bad alternator, and I was trying to get to the dealership (car was under warranty) asap. The service person at the dealership told me that if I got the vehicle to them before lunch, they would work on it then and I should be out of there by the end of day or sooner.

Definitely not the tow-driver's fault. :)

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:25 pm

Being a manager in a small city municipal bus company, we get a lot of stupid complaints. What helped recently was that we installed cameras in the buses and now when someone accuses a driver of something, one of the first things we say is...we will pull the tape and review it and get back to you. Can we have your name and phone number so we can get back to you? The next thing we hear is a dial tone.

When they know we can prove otherwise suddenly the situation isn't as awful as they thought.

:goofy: :goofy:

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:59 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:Being a manager in a small city municipal bus company, we get a lot of stupid complaints. What helped recently was that we installed cameras in the buses and now when someone accuses a driver of something, one of the first things we say is...we will pull the tape and review it and get back to you. Can we have your name and phone number so we can get back to you? The next thing we hear is a dial tone.

When they know we can prove otherwise suddenly the situation isn't as awful as they thought.
I'd have said that even without the camera's. I bet Wombat uses that bluff all the time :D:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:20 am

ktulu wrote:I'd have said that even without the camera's. I bet Wombat uses that bluff all the time :D:
Bluff? Moi? Never. :rolleyes:

Sadly, it's come to the fact that only real video will keep people from lying -- and sometimes that doesn't do the trick either! Our city led the way in Texas installing camera-enforced red lights. I've lost track of the number of people who, even after being shown the pics or video, still insist that they didn't run the light. :eek:

As a judge I used to work with said, those people are TDTD -- "Too Dumb To Drive"! (Just one step down from TDTL -- "Too Dumb To Live"!)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:55 am

BRWombat wrote:Bluff? Moi?I've lost track of the number of people who, even after being shown the pics or video, still insist that they didn't run the light.
Who ya gonna believe? Me or that lyin' camera?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:21 am

hobie16 wrote:Who ya gonna believe? Me or that lyin' camera?
No kidding, that camera has had it in for me since we first met. It lies ALL the time, and, between you and me, I think it does drugs...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."