If you can't read a schedule, I probably don't want to work with you

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Teddykeiko86
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: If you can't read a schedule, I probably don't want to work with you

Post by Teddykeiko86 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:53 am

I remember at Universal our break room was two floors. Someone clocked out, and tripped on the stairs going down breaking their leg. Since they were off the clock, they lost out on workman's comp (according to the ride ops grape vine). So then people would walk downstairs before they clocked out for work or lunch. That way if they tripped on the stairs and got hurt, it would be on company time.

That whole 14.5 - 21.3 thing changed to 14:30 - 21:24, to 2:30 pm - 9:24 pm by then end of the summer season..

I also encountered a schedule reading blunder at school. I was arriving for the first day of a 200 level english class (at 6:30 PM) only to see the classroom jammed packed. Soon a debate between two students occurred, "This is English 210 with Prof. Cream Cheese" . Another student said, "No this Business Admin 101 with Prof. Bacon". Well, prof Cream Cheese showed up, took roll. The students that were there for BA 101 wanted to know why we were in their classroom. So Prof" Cream Cheese wastes 20 minutes finding out where BA 101 was and why two classes were booked at the same time. 1/2 hour later, admissions dean walks in and says "Those of you here for BA 101 with Prof. Bacon?..." before he finishes, a girl says "yah 6:30 pm Tues / Thurs, why is this other class here..?". The dean then explains to all the BA students that their class is at 6:30 AM, not p.m. and that THEY are in the wrong classroom. Groans, Moans and "ooooohhh's" erupt. I rolled my eyes. Really? you are in college and can't read a f***ing schedule? I look at the course offerings book, it says AM. The girl next to me pulls out her schedule, it says AM. 20 people get up and leave. There was no typo, just 20 people misread a schedule.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:19 am

Nooooo! Don't take away the 24-hour clock! I've been using that since my limo days in Portland, to keep straight whether that was a 5:00 pickup or a 17:00.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:00 am

Teddykeiko86 wrote: ...... The dean then explains to all the BA students that their class is at 6:30 AM, not p.m. and that THEY are in the wrong classroom. Groans, Moans and "ooooohhh's" erupt. I rolled my eyes. Really? you are in college and can't read a f***ing schedule? I look at the course offerings book, it says AM. The girl next to me pulls out her schedule, it says AM. 20 people get up and leave. There was no typo, just 20 people misread a schedule.
they actually schedule a class at 06:30 ?? That is cruel and unusual punishment. Our subway wouldn't even be running early enough to get you there!

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:39 am

Teddykeiko86 wrote: I look at the course offerings book, it says AM. The girl next to me pulls out her schedule, it says AM. 20 people get up and leave. There was no typo, just 20 people misread a schedule.
Class at 6:30 a.m.? That's not plain ol' misreading -- that's "wishful reading," where you can't stand to see what's on the schedule so your brain "fixes" it for you. :p:

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:20 am

Hell. I think our first hour in college started at 6:20am. Talk about in-human. Yuck!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:43 am

DonutGoddess wrote:Hell. I think our first hour in college started at 6:20am. Talk about in-human. Yuck!
6:20 AM early? When I was in the Army we were thinking about lunch at 6:20 AM. :D:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:02 pm

hobie16 wrote:6:20 AM early? When I was in the Army we were thinking about lunch at 6:20 AM. :D:
Well I've been working overnight so long that 6:20am would be a pleasure. I guess I am made of stronger stuff than I was back then.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:24 pm

DonutGoddess wrote:Hell. I think our first hour in college started at 6:20am. Talk about in-human. Yuck!
hobie16 wrote:6:20 AM early? When I was in the Army we were thinking about lunch at 6:20 AM. :D:
That's what I was thinking hobie. Heck, when I was driving bus by 6:20 AM I had already been driving for 2 hours. :D:

:goofy: :goofy: