What Ride Did A Guest Insist DL Had

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: What Ride Did A Guest Insist DL Had

Post by BRWombat » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:44 pm

Zazu wrote:I think it has a picture of an airplane flying upside down....
Ooo, those are valuable!!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

JugglingFreak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by JugglingFreak » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:04 pm

BRWombat wrote:Ooo, those are valuable!!

Not if you mail them.

Wow, I haven't had the opportunity to throw out a "Brewster's Millions" reference in a long time.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:16 pm

BRWombat wrote:Ooo, those are valuable!!

Yes, but only until buyers realize it's just a shot of Hathaway Brown making one of his typical landings.

Zazu

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:16 am

Cheshire Figment wrote:Well a couple of years ago I placed some Magic Kingdom maps in English, Spanish and Japanese in the multilingual map rack outside City Hall in Disneyland. I did not stay around to see the results, but they may have been interesting. I may do it again next month.

Psh, we can't even keep up with our own multi-lingual maps! I remember when they showed MaliBoomer and Muholland as still being open, as well as the S.S. Rustworthy...all during December 2010. :eek:

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:15 am

Zazu wrote:Yes, but only until buyers realize it's just a shot of Hathaway Brown making one of his typical landings.
:hysteria:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :zazu:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:31 am

Zazu wrote:Yes, but only until buyers realize it's just a shot of Hathaway Brown making one of his typical landings.
*stares blankly at ZaZu, googles "Hathaway Brown", then googles again adding "Disney" to the search* Oh, regular at the Adventurer's Club and aviator. Am I to take it that his piloting was unorthodox?

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:28 pm

If orthodox is to mean that you always make it to your destination, and when you do make it to your destination you actually land... Then yes. You could call his piloting unorthodox.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:56 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:If orthodox is to mean that you always make it to your destination, and when you do make it to your destination you actually land... Then yes. You could call his piloting unorthodox.
Unorthodox, yes. But you have to admit, he was always dressed for the hunt!

Zazu

tommy_b
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by tommy_b » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:31 pm

Mmmmm Disneyland Guides, I wish I had kept the guidebooks they gave out in the 1960's and 70's....

Along with all my Mad Magazines, comic books and even Boy's Life.

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:28 pm

tommy_b wrote: Along with all my Mad Magazines, comic books and even Boy's Life.
Never had many Mad Magazines (they were a one read and I'm done, so I mostly bummed them from pals), sold my comics and bought a car with the cash in my early twenties, and kept my Boy's Life (technically they were my brother's, but he didn't want them) up until five years back or so when I dug them all out and gave them to a friend's son who was a Boy Scout. Then this past year (at age 16!), eldest son suddenly becomes a Boy Scout and does the, "Didn't you used to have a bunch of old Boy's Life issues?" thing. :rolleyes:

Still have the book on Pirates of the Caribbean I picked up in the mid-seventies, the only time we did Disney (Disneyland, not WDW), though. :)