I am surprised this is still on YouTube

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: I am surprised this is still on YouTube

Post by mapo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:52 am

EeyoresButterfly wrote:That is exactly what she should have done. This person obviously followed her around and this was a lengthy process. She should have point blank refused and then contacted management or security. The only time I have allowed myself to be photographed backstage was with management permission and my own camera.

As far as it being an evaluation video... I have not heard of that, although of course Disneyland Paris could have different procedures than Walt Disney World. Even if they did have an evaluation video, I can't imagine why they would need to take video of her backstage. I would also hazard to guess that it would be made with a company video camera and therefore stay on company property. It could be that a friend videotaped her performance, I have had friends do that before, but they should never have been allowed backstage.

Everybody in that video allowed it to happen, they made no move to stop themselves from being videotaped therefore they are at least partially culpable.
I am sure that the video operator and one who released said video no longer has to worry his lil ol head about company policy.

mapo

tommy_b
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by tommy_b » Wed May 25, 2011 6:41 pm

I pretty much think people are making a big deal out of nothing.

People break the rules all the time especially with the new digital age.

If the video had 23 million hits, I could understand.

I kept waiting to be shocked... like having Cindy flash her breasts or something.

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:45 am

EeyoresButterfly wrote:That is exactly what she should have done. This person obviously followed her around and this was a lengthy process. She should have point blank refused and then contacted management or security.
I'm guessing that both parties wanted to make this video, or else someone would have said stop recording. It could have been a personal video for Cindy to keep for her memory, which to me isn't really a big deal. Now whether or not it was meant to go online is another story. There are hints that it was recorded on VHS, and that means it was recorded some time ago. Everyone was involved is quite possibly long gone. They seemed to speak English perfectly, which to me, hints that they were in the country for a limited time.
tommy_b wrote:I pretty much think people are making a big deal out of nothing.
I agree.

PDS sounds like meet and greet position right before the parade, cause Cindy says "See you in the parade" and that she basically is glad she didn't have to do it.

Moonstone
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Moonstone » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:53 pm

I was thinking it was going to go X rated! If it's against policy they shouldn't have filmed it but I don't get the YouTube comments either. That ruined the magic? Do adults really think these people are the characters? Do they also think teachers live in the school? They better not watch that "Bad Santa" movie.

Although, if they think these people really are cartoon characters it would explain why they get so upset when the characters are not able to stand outside for hours at a time.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:17 pm

Well, I can understand the "ruined the magic" comments to a point. It is one thing to know, deep down, that at night "Alice" doesn't return to her home in England, and "Mickey Mouse" doesn't actually live in ToonTown. However, it is another thing to have the proof of this right in front of your face.

That being said, I don't think any adult should feel they have the right to anything if there happens to be a video showing characters backstage. Also, if Disney does have a rule against public distribution of backstage videos and pictures showing cast members "out of character", then that should be honored. After all, not seeing how the "magic" is done helps one suspend their disbelief, if for only a few hours at the parks.