"Out of service?" That won't stop me!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: "Out of service?" That won't stop me!

Post by Cranbiz » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:19 am

TiggerHappy wrote:Maybe the SG wanted to help paint so the ride would open quicker. :D

I'm sure Disney can't say no to volunteer labor.
Didn't we just have that promotion? "Give a Day, Get a Day" :D:

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:32 am

Big Wallaby wrote:That just makes me want to cry. Where did that driver learn to drive a bus? Because he didn't learn where I learned. And one of two things happened there:

1) He was approaching that bridge waaaaaaay too fast for safety in the first place, or

2) Once he realized he had a problem he kept going.

If you've had more than about 2 hours driving a coach like that, you can spot places you won't get through from quite a distance away, and often won't even take the chance. So I have to go with the next option:

3) The driver (and I use the term loosely) was a complete moron).

He is REALLY lucky no one was killed.

Looking at the article, this happened in an arboretum. Which means he should not have been going fast enough to successfully get the whole length of the bus under that bridge like that.
Actually, after driving something that big for more than 20 minutes you A) Know where and where not to attempt to put it B) Developed a superiority complex ie: I'm bigger than you, I can do anything I want.

I believe that BW nailed it with choice 3.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:10 pm

hobie16 wrote:The driver told police he did not see the flashing lights or yellow sign posting the bridge height.
Was he blind or just dumb? The sign in the picture is pretty noticeable and I'm sure there were warning signs before the bridge, in addition to the warning lights.

There's a very low railroad overpass in Pensacola and every so often you'd hear about a truck getting stuck under it. For this overpass there are a couple of warning signs on the approach from either way, one of which has a flashing warning light on it. I understand that while it is amber when seen from a car the lens is done in such a way that it appears red from tall vehicles as a warning to stop.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:42 pm

Shorty82 wrote:Was he blind or just dumb?
He was blinded by the screen of the GPS. :p:

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:29 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:That just makes me want to cry. Where did that driver learn to drive a bus? Because he didn't learn where I learned. And one of two things happened there:

1) He was approaching that bridge waaaaaaay too fast for safety in the first place, or

2) Once he realized he had a problem he kept going.

If you've had more than about 2 hours driving a coach like that, you can spot places you won't get through from quite a distance away, and often won't even take the chance. So I have to go with the next option:

3) The driver (and I use the term loosely) was a complete moron).

He is REALLY lucky no one was killed.

Looking at the article, this happened in an arboretum. Which means he should not have been going fast enough to successfully get the whole length of the bus under that bridge like that.
Blaming GPS? What an idiot. I agree...he apparently missed the class on looking out the front windshield while driving. Too bad...that was kind of an important class.

:goofy: :goofy:

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:58 pm

While touring a show years ago we took the show into downtown Chicago. One of our drivers choose to find her own route into the loop. The lead driver had given a route to each of the 7 drivers to get our gear to the theatre, and all but that lady got there in plenty of time. Then came the phone call....she was wedged ynder the L tracks. Several hours later the sad looking trailer showed up, the nose of the trailer crushed.

3 months later, leaving Chicago, same team of drivers. New trailer of course. Guess who misread her map (and she was trying to follow the correct route)!
Another trailer crunched. But they didnt fire her.

6 months later, somewhere north of Columbus, she pulled into a rest area for her break. Under a nice shady tree. with a big branch......that opened the trailer like a tin of sardines. Strike three! They canned her.

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:25 pm

Thankfully, in the picture of the bus under the bridge, the Bus Line's URL is clearly visible, and now we all know who NOT to call the next time we need a motorcoach charter.

The views and opinions expressed in this post do not represent those of the Walt Disney Company. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Caution: The moving rubber line is travelling at the same speed as you.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:25 pm

What attraction ticket would that bus ride be?

Now to continue with the closure of BTRR, today a group of 12 spanish kids came to the front of the attraction. About 4 of the kids lifted up the sign and tempted to walk away with it.

Stupid!!!!! I have seen stop signs missing out in the neighbor hoods, but to tempt to take an attraction close sign is unreal. The sign is not your graduation gift. Please take sign back to the location and leave it there. :twisted:

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:19 pm

Lasolimu wrote:He was blinded by the screen of the GPS. :p:
A good driver doesn't need GPS. He was too busy 'texting'. :rolleyes:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:51 pm

darph nader wrote:A good driver doesn't need GPS. He was too busy 'texting'. :rolleyes:
Are you saying that this was a good driver? :confused:

There's no place like 127.0.0.1