Star Tours: The Adventures Continue commercial

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: Star Tours: The Adventures Continue commercial

Post by DisneyMom » Fri May 20, 2011 1:05 am

ktulu wrote:Disneyland is my favorite park, however, I must say that the entrance at the WDW version of Star Tours is so much cooler, then when you exit, you're in Tattooine! Now, I know that the theme wouldn't really work as well at DL, but come on, an AT-AT!

No, they DO have Star Traders in Tatooine! You just thought it was "only" a gift shop! ;)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Fri May 20, 2011 3:49 pm

ktulu wrote:Disneyland is my favorite park, however, I must say that the entrance at the WDW version of Star Tours is so much cooler, then when you exit, you're in Tattooine! Now, I know that the theme wouldn't really work as well at DL, but come on, an AT-AT!
Here was the thing about the "original": You started off outside on Endor. But, you were on a flight to Endor. You arrive at Endor finally, disembark from the transport and then... you're on Tattooine... Figure that out.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Sat May 21, 2011 3:04 am

Psh, yours made it to Endor? Every damn time my pilot kept overshooting into this damn asteroid field. Then there was some Star Destroyers, another Death Star, and all this commotion.

Trip was cancelled and we crash landed back at the spaceport, narrowly avoiding a fiery death. Last time I ever let Expedia pick one of those "unadvertised specials" ever again! :mad:

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Sat May 21, 2011 8:32 am

Disneyguy85 wrote:Oh, that reminds me, at Disneyland they put the big X wing back into the Star Trader.
I know, which is not only appropriate, but completely awesome. I need to go over to our friends house, he has a Naboo fighting in his garage I want to check out.
IndyandMarion wrote:Here was the thing about the "original": You started off outside on Endor. But, you were on a flight to Endor. You arrive at Endor finally, disembark from the transport and then... you're on Tattooine... Figure that out.
We'd need to engage George Lucas to patch up that hole...
Freak wrote:Psh, yours made it to Endor? Every damn time my pilot kept overshooting into this damn asteroid field. Then there was some Star Destroyers, another Death Star, and all this commotion.

Trip was cancelled and we crash landed back at the spaceport, narrowly avoiding a fiery death. Last time I ever let Expedia pick one of those "unadvertised specials" ever again! :mad:
I always book direct with the transport agency, however you do get what you pay for...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat May 21, 2011 10:15 am

ktulu wrote:... he has a Naboo fighting in his garage...
The water heater? ;)

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Sun May 22, 2011 4:06 am

Well, I got to ride sooner than I thought;

Yesterday I was at Disneyland and they were having previews. I rode a few times.

The ride is AWESOME! I love the new storyline.

:kermit: Check out the Muppet Wiki; http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Muppet_Wiki

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Sun May 22, 2011 7:51 am

hobie16 wrote:The water heater? ;)
Possibly, I haven't been over yet to check it out.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Sun May 22, 2011 3:55 pm

By the way, I don't want to spoil anything, but I will say that while underwater on Naboo, the Starspeeder almost hits Jar Jar.

:kermit: Check out the Muppet Wiki; http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Muppet_Wiki

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Sun May 22, 2011 5:36 pm

Only almost?!? Damn it!

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Mon May 23, 2011 2:11 pm

Disneyguy85 wrote:By the way, I don't want to spoil anything, but I will say that while underwater on Naboo, the Starspeeder almost hits Jar Jar.
CBeilby wrote:Only almost?!? Damn it!
I'm now getting this picture of passengers moving to one side of the speeder to try and get it to change course just enough to hit him. Ether that or people demanding to go to "manual control" to take a crack at him...