I Pulled a Dopey

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

I Pulled a Dopey

Post by TiggerHappy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:00 am

I was stewarding at Tomorrowland Terrace one night and had to take out the last cart of trash. Little did I know, one trash bag in particular was loaded with heavy garbage so I had trouble getting it out of the trash cart and into the trash compactor.

I'm a featherweight at a little over 5 feet tall so obviously I couldn't just toss in the bag like any other heavier-set person. After arduously working the bag out of the cart, I decided to do some physics manipulation and swing the trash bag into the compactor's opening. Once it swung up high enough, I let it fly. Unfortunately, I didn't let go of the bag fast enough and ended up flying along with it. DX I landed halfway into the compactor door quite painfully. I hoped that no one saw my acrobatics.

After I clocked out, some other CMs at the CM shuttle stop saw that I was covered in burger grease and I told them that I pulled a Dopey and flew into a trash compactor like the character did in Snow White. They were pretty impressed by my live-action reenactment. :o: I wasn't so happy with my bruised abs, though.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: I Pulled a Dopey

Post by hobie16 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:41 pm

That has viral video written all over it. Can you get the security tape?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by TiggerHappy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:44 pm

hobie16 wrote:That has viral video written all over it. Can you get the security tape?
I don't think the security camera is in a position to catch all the action. Plus, it was dark so I doubt it would be able to catch that much.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:34 pm

TiggerHappy wrote:I don't think the security camera is in a position to catch all the action. Plus, it was dark so I doubt it would be able to catch that much.
We would settle for a re-enactment done during the day so the lighting is better :D:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by TiggerHappy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:36 pm

ktulu wrote:We would settle for a re-enactment done during the day so the lighting is better :D:
If someone provides a nice soft landing pad on the trash compactor door, I'd be more than happy to reenact the whole deal. :p:

security officer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by security officer » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:55 pm

welcome to bussing the dirtest job at the resort im free now

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by TiggerHappy » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:15 am

Well, just when I thought I can't do any worse, I strike again! :rolleyes:

I started out bussing yesterday and was asked to steward for the last 3 hours of my shift. No problem, it's raining and I'm going to be bored as heck bussing wet tables anyhow.

Stewarding starts out fine and then 30 minutes into washing dishes, I suddenly noticed that my elbow had a burning sensation for some reason. I look down to see that there was some weird green foamy chemical on my skin! :eek: Since I was currently spraying down dishes with the hose, I reactively used it to spray the chemical off my elbow.

Yeah, high-pressure hot water does not help to clean off burning grease cutter. :mad: My elbow still tingles a bit.

WWWD
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by WWWD » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:34 am

Ouch! Sorry to hear that.