Diabetes Trick

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Diabetes Trick

Post by drcorey » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:07 pm

hobie16 wrote:Very good but now they'll expect a Coke every time they try to pull that scam. :D:
you used to get them to do tricks for small things.
Hey, my lunch level is really low, can you fetch me lunch while I wait here?

What if the crisis only lasts untill a parade or show is done?

Corey

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:18 am

CA Screamin Dude wrote:Some personal injury/discrimination/etc lawyers work on a contingency fee, which means that their client (plaintiff) only has to pay their lawyer if the case is won or settled. Contingent fees are usually calculated as a percentage of the award.
Some? More likely "most." Interestingly, many countries consider contingency fees to be unethical, since they give the lawyer an interest in the outcome of the case. The lawyer's actions are then influenced by what he will receive out of any amount rewarded, not purely by what is just and fair. I can't see the plaintiffs' bar lobby ever letting it happen, but frivolous lawsuits would disappear overnight if we went to a "loser pays" system like many countries have.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:56 pm

BRWombat wrote:Some? More likely "most." Interestingly, many countries consider contingency fees to be unethical, since they give the lawyer an interest in the outcome of the case. The lawyer's actions are then influenced by what he will receive out of any amount rewarded, not purely by what is just and fair. I can't see the plaintiffs' bar lobby ever letting it happen, but frivolous lawsuits would disappear overnight if we went to a "loser pays" system like many countries have.
I like contingency fees as it let's the client gauge the lawyer's faith in prevailing in court. Case in point. The HOA I live in kinda won a long, expensive court case against one of the owners. We should have been in second place between the bank's first and third position but somehow the bank got first and second position.

Our lawyer recommend we appeal and it would only cost us $30,000 for a potential $350,000 payout. We said if you're so sure we'll wln, why don't you take it on contingency where you can make over $100,000?

They choked and we said we're done with any more legal action.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.