Universal Studios Part IV

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Guest Relations King
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Universal Studios Part IV

Post by Guest Relations King » Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:26 am

Oh! This was the worst...Parents who didn’t care for their children at all...

When I worked at blast zone, the water play area, there were signs everywhere that said everyone must be wearing shoes. The area was made of hard pavement and when water covers pavement it gets slippery. Well, parents would get to the area, sit their kids down, and take their shoes off, if the kids didn’t naturally do it themselves.

The kids would then proceed to run around without shoes and we'd have to chase them to get them to put their shoes back on. Some were too young to understand and some were too scared to believe us, so we'd have to figure out who the parents were. Most of the time, the father would see us telling the kid to put his shoes on and would get up, and yell "Hey, what are you yelling at my kid?" "He needs to have his shoes on, sir."

Most of the time, the parent would put the kids shoes on, and all of the time they would ignore their kid while they went running around in the water area as if us "yelling" at them was more detrimental to them than the parents own neglect while they went around slipping with or without their shoes on.

All of the water that came down was supposed to be recycled, but they made the recycle vents too small for the volume of water so a lot of it went down the sewer drains. Nonetheless, the water recycling drains would often get filled with random guest junk like maps, popcorn, batteries, and once, I’m not kidding, a used condom.

My buddy left his job at Universal and fled in exile as a neanderthal to live in the Cayman Islands....He's cut himself off from all technology. He sends his stories in Aramaic on crayon written 3x5 cards sent by pigeon.

Teddykeiko86
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Universal Studios Part IV

Post by Teddykeiko86 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:59 pm

I once saw a european couple let their twin toddler boys run nekkid in the water. oh.. naked and barefoot.

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Universal Studios Part IV

Post by CBeilby » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:53 pm

At Soak, I assume?

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...