Question for Haunted Mansion workers!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Question for Haunted Mansion workers!

Post by mapo » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:11 am

darph nader wrote:At least she's not screaming bloody murder at the top of her lungs. ;)
Darphie, hon...Umm...I usually find that amusing :D:

mapo

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:34 pm

From a 3 year old? I swear the little types are come with an evolutionary development which makes screaming more annoying the younger the screamer... same with crying....

8^S

yvettedem
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by yvettedem » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:15 am

I think it's cute :) We had dinner at the Garden grill a cpl weeks ago and my 6 yr old sang mickey mouse clubhouse to mickey! mickey started dancing lol :) it was awesome!

ifoundnemo
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by ifoundnemo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:11 pm

We have a really great cast at Mansion. One thing they do, if you've never seen it done before is a guest maid/butler magical moment. At 13:13 a child is invited to accompany a cast member and help them "pull a stretch room." The child is dressed up in a youth size maid/butler costume, is shown what to do, the child then opens the doors, invites the guests in, and does an entire stretch room under the guidance of an experienced maid/butler.

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:33 pm

OMG that's adorable... I would love to witness that, though I suppose the logistics to try and get to get slotted into the room with the kid running it would be unreasonable, so I shall just have to hope it happens by chance some day.

8^)

ifoundnemo
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by ifoundnemo » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:04 am

Mayonnaise wrote:OMG that's adorable... I would love to witness that, though I suppose the logistics to try and get to get slotted into the room with the kid running it would be unreasonable, so I shall just have to hope it happens by chance some day.

8^)
Just imagine a tiny voice behind you going "PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE WALLS AND GATHER IN THE DEAD CENTER OF THE ROOM!"

ifoundnemo
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by ifoundnemo » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:37 pm

Finally got to see the magical moment today (because I helped do it while training at the attraction today... yep, in 3 more days I'll be a maid!)

We got this adorable little girl, Ella on her first trip to Disney with mom and dad. Grinning ear to ear (cause we also offered her our dog, Phantom... one of those trick invisible dog leashes), we got her to greet the guests at the door, and let them into the foyer. From there, we got her into the stretch room with the guests. A tiny voice, eventually growing stronger with confidence (and dad positively egging her on) started yelling "Get away from the walls!" over and over again. The room had a good chuckle, and every person that saw her just fell in love. Myself and the other girl I was training with were near tears cause we loved every second of it. I've never seen two parents so happy, supportive, and just thrilled at the moment. As soon as dad realized what we were planning on doing, he broke out the camera, and would not stop snapping photos. It was just amazing. Reason 9,847,685 why I love working at Disney.

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:36 pm

ifoundnemo wrote:Finally got to see the magical moment today (because I helped do it while training at the attraction today... yep, in 3 more days I'll be a maid!)

We got this adorable little girl, Ella on her first trip to Disney with mom and dad. Grinning ear to ear (cause we also offered her our dog, Phantom... one of those trick invisible dog leashes), we got her to greet the guests at the door, and let them into the foyer. From there, we got her into the stretch room with the guests. A tiny voice, eventually growing stronger with confidence (and dad positively egging her on) started yelling "Get away from the walls!" over and over again. The room had a good chuckle, and every person that saw her just fell in love. Myself and the other girl I was training with were near tears cause we loved every second of it. I've never seen two parents so happy, supportive, and just thrilled at the moment. As soon as dad realized what we were planning on doing, he broke out the camera, and would not stop snapping photos. It was just amazing. Reason 9,847,685 why I love working at Disney.
Having been one of those dads who get to witness their little girls magical moment (not at mansion, at Indy), on his behalf, Thank You !
You have no idea what that can mean to a dad or mom !

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:51 pm

ifoundnemo wrote:We got this adorable little girl, Ella on her first trip to Disney with mom and dad. Grinning ear to ear (cause we also offered her our dog, Phantom... one of those trick invisible dog leashes), we got her to greet the guests at the door, and let them into the foyer. From there, we got her into the stretch room with the guests. A tiny voice, eventually growing stronger with confidence (and dad positively egging her on) started yelling "Get away from the walls!" over and over again. The room had a good chuckle, and every person that saw her just fell in love. Myself and the other girl I was training with were near tears cause we loved every second of it. I've never seen two parents so happy, supportive, and just thrilled at the moment. As soon as dad realized what we were planning on doing, he broke out the camera, and would not stop snapping photos. It was just amazing. Reason 9,847,685 why I love working at Disney.
Very well written ifound! Making the Magic for children & those who need extra attention keeps me @ DL. I usually am asked to take guests shopping - all over park if needed - when there is a special need/reason. Absolutely makes my entire week. They always thank me, yet it is me who is indebted to them because they smile & give the Magic back 10 times. :)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:32 pm

My favorite moment from one of our trips was when my oldest (youngest is scared of characters) got to ride Dumbo with Mickey, then the carousel with Goofy and Pluto.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."