driving from LA to disneyland

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: driving from LA to disneyland

Post by turkeyham » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:22 pm

M-TH: Fireworks, Fantasmic and Festival Arena are DARK.
M/W/TH World of Color 8:15 pm,T-7:30 pm

Sundays are busy at Disneyland. 11-5 at the Festival Arena they have live entertainment. Fantasmic! 9:05 and 10:15 pm, Fireworks: 8:45 pm.

Disneyland opens at 09:00 am. I do suggest you leave home early. The parking structure some times takes 45 minutes to park and additional 20 minutes to ride the tram over to Downtown Disney where the tram lets you off. Also, you do have to get your back packs and other items check through the security check. I would suggest 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

julieannboo
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by julieannboo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:51 am

thanks. i am already booked to stay in hollywood.

i might just take a tour on a coach and do it that way. i don't want the stress of having to leave over two hours early, sit in traffic and then spend ages parking.

the coach tour picks you up at 9:30am - so if i am in the park at 11am - then so be it. i love being there for opening time but that isn't possible of this occasion it isn't the end of the world.

i'll do ridemax to try and bypass the queues.
i will only be there for a day but i think that the tour gives you at least 8 hours in the park.

i probably won't get to see the big shows - but it isn't the end of the world.

if i do go with the coach trip - what day is best to go visit DL - sunday or monday?

thanks.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:34 pm

Mondays are good, but there is no Fantasmic or fireworks.

The park opens at 10 am and closes at 8 pm.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:28 pm

Have you considered public transit? MTA Red Line passes through Hollyweird, gets you to L.A. Union Station, from there you can take either the Metrolink Orange county Line or 91 line to Anaheim; or you can get the MTA Route 460 bus from downtown L.A. to Disneyland. Here's some helpful sites: Metrolink, [url]http://www.metrolinktrains.com;[/url] MTA: [url]http://www.metro.net;[/url] or call 1 800 COMMUTE.

julieannboo
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by julieannboo » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:42 am

felinefan wrote:Have you considered public transit? MTA Red Line passes through Hollyweird, gets you to L.A. Union Station, from there you can take either the Metrolink Orange county Line or 91 line to Anaheim; or you can get the MTA Route 460 bus from downtown L.A. to Disneyland. Here's some helpful sites: Metrolink, [url]http://www.metrolinktrains.com;[/url] MTA: [url]http://www.metro.net;[/url] or call 1 800 COMMUTE.
thanks. - would that take ages and alot of messing about - getting buses and trains?

Belgarion42
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Belgarion42 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:56 am

turkeyham wrote:The parking structure some times takes 45 minutes to park and additional 20 minutes to ride the tram over to Downtown Disney where the tram lets you off.
I know I'm a bit late to this party, but a potential alternative to the parking structure is the Toy Story Lot down Harbor Blvd. a little ways. In my experiences, it has been much faster than parking in the M&F structure.

Check out my blog Faith and the Magic Kingdom! Finding and exploring illustrations, metaphors, examples and lessons for the Christian life found at the Magic Kingdom of Disneyland.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:21 pm

julieannboo wrote:thanks. - would that take ages and alot of messing about - getting buses and trains?
It depends. Those buses that go from L.A. to Disneyland can take a couple of hours, trains run mostly during rush hour. Planning ahead is key. The MTA and OCTA sites have trip planners, so you select the place you're leaving from, your destination, and you can choose fastest fewest transfers, arrive or depart at a certain time, etc.. Worth trying anyway. I mean, if you're really determined to avoid driving, this may be the way to go.