Dining Duhs

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Dining Duhs

Post by turkeyham » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:55 am

Why is it that if a Disney Vacation club member thinks they can get discounts on all the vending carts? I have seen a list on who can take these cards and vending is not one of them.

Can someone tell me where DVC members can use their cards?

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:24 pm

turkeyham wrote:Can someone tell me where DVC members can use their cards?
Not on merch. I turn @ least 6 down daily. Have never seen the list you speak off.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:15 am

Hi, all. I've been lurking for about a month now, and I've been waiting for just the right moment to make my big entrance...

Since I didn't find that, and I'm a DVC member, I thought I'd jump in on this one. :D:

The DVC discounts vary over time. I would guess they are based on restaurants or shops that might need a boost. The actual discoutn varies, too, from 10% to 20%. I've never seen vending carts included in any DVC discounts. There are also discounts on tours, recreation rentals, etc. DVC members get the lists of "Perks" through mail, email, a members only website, and handouts when they check in to a DVC Resort using points. Right now, at DL this is what I'm seeing for locations:
Bengal Barbecue
Blue Ribbon Bakery
Blue Bayou
Cafe Orleans
Carnation Cafe
Big Thunder Ranch BBQ
Clarabelle's
Daisy's Diner
French Market Restaurant
The Golden Horshoe
Hungry Bear
Little Red Wagon
Plaza Inn
Pluto's Dog Hours
Rancho del Zocalo
Redd Rockett's Pizza Port
Refreshment Corner
River Belle terrace
Tomorrowland terrace
Troubador Taver
Village Haus Restaurant

There are more dining discounts at resort hotels, DCA and DTD District. The Merchandise is only at the DTD District. Hope that helps.

Since this is my first post, I'll tack on a quick intro. My DW and I make it to WDW once or twice a year and have been doing this since the 80's. While we do from time to time do stupid things, I don't think we've ever been SG's. We try hard not to be. We appreciate all the hard work by CM of every stripe. While I have never worked in the theme park industry, I have done stints in retail and at a drive-in movie theater (yes, I'm THAT old). Oh, the SG tricks I saw there. :eek: At any rate, I almost never join discussion groups. This is actually only the second one that I have registered for. I was just very impressed by the atmosphere and great people here. Thanks for letting me in.

Steve

Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Alyssa3467 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:34 pm

turkeyham wrote:Why is it that if a Disney Vacation club member thinks they can get discounts on all the vending carts? I have seen a list on who can take these cards and vending is not one of them.

Can someone tell me where DVC members can use their cards?
Because they can't be bothered to consult the list, and figure they can say "Hey, let's ask the CM! Doesn't hurt to ask!" I swear some people ask every CM despite getting a complete answer from at least one CM (which in this case would be something like "Food locations that are in a building and not a cart") because it would be too much trouble to remember.
Main Streeter wrote:Not on merch. I turn @ least 6 down daily. Have never seen the list you speak off.
That's a lot more than me. I rarely come across them.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:43 pm

Welcome WEDfan from the BDoSGT. Have a beverage. :pepsi: :coke: :beer:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:51 pm

Thanks, Darph! A beer would go down great about now. Don't suppose you have a German pilsener? I've got snaks! :pretzel: :D:

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:13 pm

I want to hear some of the Stupid Drive-In Tricks :)
WELCOME!

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:25 pm

Greetings WEDFan, I am the resident dragon and would like to offer you a very warm* welcome to that slice of the internet we call SGT. This website contains threads with quick twists and turns and I would like to advise you to not try to hard to keep up with them. Please keep your hands, arms, and legs safely inside the website at all times and enjoy your stay.

*this instance of warm is actually hot**... very hot

**this instance of hot means that you are now literally on fire, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:15 am

WEDFan,

Thanks for the info, that was useful.

Vending carts and fruit carts don't give the DVC any discounts. I finally saw the sign at Stage Door Cafe. :)

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:22 pm

I think stupid dining tricks probably happen a lot more than we would believe.

last trip we were waiting for our reservations to be called (hey, we showed up ten minutes before the reservation time!) and I was standing near the podium, when an SG came up to the CM (the girl looked to be in high school!) and told her that they needed seating for 6. when she asked for their name (to check the reservation list) the SG told her that "he was told by the front desk to tell any Cm that they were staying at BLT"

needless to say, they didn't get a table, and he stalked off in a huff, muttering about making sure she would be fired.

what a jerk.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?