Wild SGs at The World famous Jungle Cruise

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: Wild SGs at The World famous Jungle Cruise

Post by Zazu » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:43 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:I'm beginning to wonder...is there a Jungle Cruise that is only famous in one country? Or a state? Is there an even better one that is known through out the solar system?
A good while back, one of the airboat operators in Kissimmee tried to advertise their tours as "The Real Jungle Cruise". Now I know how many dislawyers it takes to sink an airboat.

Zazu

WaltsFavRob
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by WaltsFavRob » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:14 pm

Why did they stop letting people sit on the crates and when?

albino_pygmy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Park: Magic Kingdom
Department: Jungle Navigation Co
Position: Skipper

Post by albino_pygmy » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:35 pm

WaltsFavRob wrote:Why did they stop letting people sit on the crates and when?
I doubt they've stopped letting people sit on the crates, just crossing over them. Listen to the skippers at load to tell you where to sit, especially if you're entering the front door. If you enter the back door, you slide around the engine and all the way up to the front. Front door gets the rest of the boat, the little bit in the front between the front door and front of the boat, the center crates, and the section between front and back doorways. So if you're entering the front side, you should NOT cross over the center and sit on the other side of the boat because that's where those entering the back door sit.

Skipper's General Warning!
Reading of this signature might result in the following:
Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Nausea, Heartburn, Indigestion,
Upset Stomach, Diarrhea, and may Complicate Pregnancy.
Consult a physician if read thoroughly.

WaltsFavRob
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by WaltsFavRob » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:35 pm

We just got back from DW Monday.We rode JC multiple times(day and night) and not one guest sat on the crates.Standby was mostly 40 to 50 minute waits and years before they loaded the boats so guests were sitting on the crates.Just wondering. :confused:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:49 pm

albino_pygmy wrote:Listen to the skippers at load to tell you where to sit, especially if you're entering the front door.
The boats now have doors?!?!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:34 am

hobie16 wrote:The boats now have doors?!?!
And consider this dismaying observation, these boats have no windows, and no doors ...

Best Jungle Cruise I've been on, we had a female skipper (forget her name :( ) who upon reaching the temple, mentioned that it looked like something from an Indiana Jones movie, then started humming the Indiana Jones theme song, and went into "Kiss a wookie, kick a droid" (lyrics from the song "Star Wars" by Moosebutter ... wonderful parody song, look it up and listen to it if you haven't heard it)

albino_pygmy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Park: Magic Kingdom
Department: Jungle Navigation Co
Position: Skipper

Post by albino_pygmy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:38 am

WaltsFavRob wrote:We just got back from DW Monday.We rode JC multiple times(day and night) and not one guest sat on the crates.Standby was mostly 40 to 50 minute waits and years before they loaded the boats so guests were sitting on the crates.Just wondering. :confused:
That's most likely because they want to cycle the boats faster, and since SGs love taking their time finding a seat and then finally sitting down, we can't pack the boats full in the amount of time that we want, so we just pack them in as quick as we can and send it off as full as we can in about 30 seconds ideally.

Skipper's General Warning!
Reading of this signature might result in the following:
Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Nausea, Heartburn, Indigestion,
Upset Stomach, Diarrhea, and may Complicate Pregnancy.
Consult a physician if read thoroughly.

ifoundnemo
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by ifoundnemo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:36 am

Had these 4 worthless POS young teenage boys on my boat... Ruined my whole cruise. Wouldn't shut up, heckled me the whole time. I stopped spieling several times to settle them (and myself) down, throwing out "hey you wanna tell the jokes then?" among other comments in that realm. I had one moment where I made a pleading "control your kids" look to mom and she didn't do crap!!! She had to know I was getting upset and she didn't do a damn thing! At one point towards the end, I was getting borderline bitchy/snippy, finally looked at them and said "No girl will EVER ask you to prom." to which the ENTIRE boat started cracking up. I wanted the entire boat, except that family to re-ride on another skipper's boat... I have never felt more embarassed before. I tried several attempts to recover the cruise throughout, but they kept pulling attention and virtually won.

I'm PRAYING that mom said something afterwards, but I highly doubt it. A merch cast member was sitting on the other side of me, she could very clearly tell, and took my side... I even saw her shooting looks at the mom!

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:56 am

Some of this stuff will obviously not work in a Disney environment but...

http://www.juggling.org/~conway/juggler/MAL.TXT

http://www.blanketfort.com/juggling/heckling.html

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.