Orlando's First Murder: A Mears Taxi Driver

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Orlando's First Murder: A Mears Taxi Driver

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:44 am

Wednesday morning, a Mears taxi driver was gunned down in his cab, the first Orlando murder of 2011.

The good news, if there is any, is that the killer was caught on camera, finger on the trigger just before or after his act, with the new camera that was installed in the car just last year. The picture is crystal clear, and someone knows who this guy is. It's only a matter of time before he's brought to justice.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Orlando's First Murder: A Mears Taxi Driver

Post by Goofyernmost » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:40 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Wednesday morning, a Mears taxi driver was gunned down in his cab, the first Orlando murder of 2011.

The good news, if there is any, is that the killer was caught on camera, finger on the trigger just before or after his act, with the new camera that was installed in the car just last year. The picture is crystal clear, and someone knows who this guy is. It's only a matter of time before he's brought to justice.
You, my friend, have been working in the field of fantasy way to long! :cool:

:goofy: :goofy:

rebelrebel
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by rebelrebel » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:20 am

How sad, I really do hope they catch him.

:bowie:

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:47 pm

Police said they believe they have solved the city's first homicide of 2011.

According to police, a suspect has been taken into custody on unrelated charges, but he has not yet been formally charged with the murder of a taxi driver.
The sad thing is, guys like that generally hang around people who don't believe in telling the police anything.

The good thing is, guys like that are such slime balls they generally get hauled in on something else anyhow. :twisted:

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:32 pm

shilohmm wrote:The sad thing is, guys like that generally hang around people who don't believe in telling the police anything.
It's my hope one of those people's lips are loosened by the $10,000 reward being offered by Crimeline and Mears (Crimeline issued a $5,000 reward and Mears matched it).

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:20 pm

Looks like they've got him under arrest on unrelated charges and he's a suspect in other cab robberies. Maybe Justice will win one for a change.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:28 am

Goofyernmost wrote:You, my friend, have been working in the field of fantasy way to long! :cool:
I was right. Though I would prefer, after working today, they release him unarmed in the Red Lot at OIA and see how long he survives. Talked to a guy who was a good friend of the victim. It was a somber place.

The unrelated charge they caught him on? He was over by Universal today, knocked on the door of a taxi driver there, and said, "This is you're lucky day. I'll let you live if you give me your money."

I say a nice, long ride in Ol' Sparky is called for. And start with the contacts gummed up. Just flick the control a few times to get it warmed up.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?