Wild SGs at The World famous Jungle Cruise

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
twitch
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Wild SGs at The World famous Jungle Cruise

Post by twitch » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:54 am

albino_pygmy wrote: I have a Cast Member Secret for you twitch. Ready? I love disco. I'm the tallest in my class. And yes, I was that one strange kid in your kindergarten class that ate brown crayons thinking it was chocolate. That is all.
Jungle Cruise skippers really are the best! :)

Thanks!

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:33 pm

The only other attraction that I can think of that gives the guests anywhere near the same time with a cast member is the Storybook Land Canal Boats, but even then, I don't think you get the same level of "playful interaction" as you do with the Jungle Cruise. Long may she sail!

ifoundnemo
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by ifoundnemo » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:38 am

twitch wrote:Ah... perhaps. My wife says that it wasn't our skipper who planted the ducky... so it could have been.

At the end of the ride, did I thank you (and call you by the wrong name?) (And promptly get mocked by the skipper of the boat in front of us for my outburst of laughter?!?)
THAT WAS YOU WHO THREW OUT THE RANDOM OUTBURST!!! I was your skipper- Cassie.

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:54 am

albino_pygmy wrote:It took them 5 months to figure out they installed it incorrectly and now it runs quieter, and so does a few of the other boats with the newer engines. Nellie ran fine for me, never had a problem with her either, but that was before they swapped engines.
5 months?! What?! That sounds about right.

twitch
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by twitch » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:12 am

ifoundnemo wrote:THAT WAS YOU WHO THREW OUT THE RANDOM OUTBURST!!! I was your skipper- Cassie.
HA!

Thanks for the great ride, Malcolm.

(Sorry... I forgot the name of the other cast member you gave us.)

And yes... our skipper was definitely Cassie. I did remember your name, but wasn't sure if posting it here was right.

I'd just like to point out that I did NOT cross over to the DOHK side, even though it meant waiting for several slower people at the back of the boat to get out.

So... now I'm intrigued. What's the big deal about walking across the crates? Are they simply not built to be load-bearing?

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:26 am

twitch wrote:So... now I'm intrigued. What's the big deal about walking across the crates? Are they simply not built to be load-bearing?
I'm pretty sure it has to do with not wanting anybody to trip and fall. It's safer to walk around the crates than over them.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

albino_pygmy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Park: Magic Kingdom
Department: Jungle Navigation Co
Position: Skipper

Post by albino_pygmy » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:05 am

twitch wrote: So... now I'm intrigued. What's the big deal about walking across the crates? Are they simply not built to be load-bearing?
Crossing over the center crates is a fire hazard. Here, lemme explain: You cross over the crates, you'll trip and fall, I'll point and laugh, and then I'll get fired. Crossing over crates is hazardous to my job, as you can see I no longer work there, so PUH LEEZE listen to all CMs so they don't lose their jobs.

Actually, if you cross over the crates, you might hit your head on one of the speakers above and soon find they are very hard . . . to replace. You try walking into a Radio Shack asking for parts to a '71 speaker system, not gonna happen. So please do us a favor, and keep our repair bills small and we'll keep your ticket prices affordable . . . riiiight.

Skipper's General Warning!
Reading of this signature might result in the following:
Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Nausea, Heartburn, Indigestion,
Upset Stomach, Diarrhea, and may Complicate Pregnancy.
Consult a physician if read thoroughly.

goofyjoe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goofyjoe » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:54 pm

albino_pygmy wrote:Crossing over the center crates is a fire hazard. Here, lemme explain: You cross over the crates, you'll trip and fall, I'll point and laugh, and then I'll get fired. Crossing over crates is hazardous to my job, as you can see I no longer work there, so PUH LEEZE listen to all CMs so they don't lose their jobs.

Actually, if you cross over the crates, you might hit your head on one of the speakers above and soon find they are very hard . . . to replace. You try walking into a Radio Shack asking for parts to a '71 speaker system, not gonna happen. So please do us a favor, and keep our repair bills small and we'll keep your ticket prices affordable . . . riiiight.
You're killing me here! :D:

I know two skippers... yet I can't get enough of the World Famous Jungle Cruise!

Gawrsh, yah-huh!

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:16 pm

goofyjoe wrote:You're killing me here! :D:

I know two skippers... yet I can't get enough of the World Famous Jungle Cruise!
I'm beginning to wonder...is there a Jungle Cruise that is only famous in one country? Or a state? Is there an even better one that is known through out the solar system?

Okay, I've gotten it out of my system. Please continue...

ifoundnemo
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by ifoundnemo » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:29 pm

Also, you could hit your head off of those lamps and blackout, become lightheaded... truthfully, it's not a bright idea.

In all truth, it is a safety hazard.