What Do You Mean I Can't Charge To My Room?!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Re: What Do You Mean I Can't Charge To My Room?!

Post by CptnSkippy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:50 am

kurtisnelson wrote:... and we are about to experience a living hell when they import the reservations into LILO and things start going wrong.
But hey, front desk transactions will be 10-20% faster once it is up! (Per my not so scientific report)
So, stayed at All-Stars this weekend, and got to see the CMs frustrations with LILO taking over. My absolute favorite was the glitch that locked the keys with dining plans at 11AM on day of checkout, preventing the remaining credits to be used for lunch. Whoops - oversight!

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:28 pm

CptnSkippy wrote:So, stayed at All-Stars this weekend, and got to see the CMs frustrations with LILO taking over. My absolute favorite was the glitch that locked the keys with dining plans at 11AM on day of checkout, preventing the remaining credits to be used for lunch. Whoops - oversight!
Luckily, no cast burst into tears during the LILO transition....

..in front of guests.

Kurt

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:27 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:Luckily, no cast burst into tears during the LILO transition....

..in front of guests.
I've heard stories to the contrary, but nothing solid.

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:15 am

While on the subject of LILO-related SComputerTs, is it just me or did the designers completely forget that part of the function of the KTTW Card is to act as a Park Ticket. We've been getting so many Room Key-onlys at the Main Entrance that it's not even funny anymore; and I know they're LILO-issued because DPMS-issued cards have the Guest's name in block letters, the capitalization on the LILO cards is just odd.

Not to mention all the tickets sold in LILO, both encoded and standalone, which come up with descriptions that no one can make head or tails of. We can't really help the Guests when all we can discern that, whatever it is they're holding that's not letting them in, it was sold by Resorts.

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:18 pm

glendalais wrote:While on the subject of LILO-related SComputerTs, is it just me or did the designers completely forget that part of the function of the KTTW Card is to act as a Park Ticket. We've been getting so many Room Key-onlys at the Main Entrance that it's not even funny anymore;
Sadly, that's probably just the front desk forgetting the step of loading entitlements.

Kurt

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:36 pm

One thing they seem to be doing is giving all Guests room keys. I have had several come through the turnstile with the "Resort - Empty Entitlement" message and it is the KTTW for a child under three. Where the regular KTTW will say ADULT or CHILD, these say INFANT! Any idea why they are issuing them to people under three years old?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:33 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:One thing they seem to be doing is giving all Guests room keys. I have had several come through the turnstile with the "Resort - Empty Entitlement" message and it is the KTTW for a child under three. Where the regular KTTW will say ADULT or CHILD, these say INFANT! Any idea why they are issuing them to people under three years old?
Just one more of the wonderful undocumented features of Lilo!

Frankly, I'm happy that Lilo can print KTTW for infants. Lots of 2.99-year-olds get upset when they don't get a card like their bubba. Plus it saves us from having to make keys for babysitters.

But yeah, a good source of additional confusion at the turnstiles.

Zazu

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:12 am

We're just happy when we can get the cards to encode the correct room numbers, let alone park tickets.

elfuddo
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by elfuddo » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:09 pm

I'm just lucky that my Dec 3-5 stay was room only with no tickets or dining plan!!