What part of "We're closed" do you not understand?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: What part of "We're closed" do you not understand?

Post by darph nader » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:03 am

DreTheLiquorGuy wrote:I work in liquor retail. You wanna talk about fun. There are usually 3-5 cars in the parking lot at 8:45am....and we open at 9. If you need your booze that bad that early, I think detox is in your future. The boss has told me that we can lock up between five and ten of eleven at night. I usually do it aroun 10:55. My biggest peeve is when it is actually 11pm and people are knocking on the door pointing at thier watch. I usually go to the door and tell them their watch is wrong, or I tell them that I guess their drinking beer tonight. That usually pisses them off. My theory is, on a Friday or Saturday night, if you're not already on your way to having a good buzz at 11pm, you're not trying hard enough.

Dre
HEY,the only reason I was there at 8:45am,was to buy a part for my car. (and get the 'correct' tools) :rolleyes:

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:31 am

darph nader wrote:HEY,the only reason I was there at 8:45am,was to buy a part for my car. (and get the 'correct' tools) :rolleyes:
You were buying parts for your car at a liquor store? :confused:

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:33 am

DreTheLiquorGuy wrote:I work in liquor retail. You wanna talk about fun. There are usually 3-5 cars in the parking lot at 8:45am....and we open at 9. If you need your booze that bad that early, I think detox is in your future. The boss has told me that we can lock up between five and ten of eleven at night. I usually do it aroun 10:55. My biggest peeve is when it is actually 11pm and people are knocking on the door pointing at thier watch. I usually go to the door and tell them their watch is wrong, or I tell them that I guess their drinking beer tonight. That usually pisses them off. My theory is, on a Friday or Saturday night, if you're not already on your way to having a good buzz at 11pm, you're not trying hard enough.

Dre
Get the number of the local police department (not 911). Tell them that you have a bunch of cars in your lot waiting for you to open up. Then say that they are there every morning. (it should come up on their screen that you are a liquor store, if not mention it).

Then see how many of them scatter when the cop car rolls into the lot.

:D:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:09 am

leftcoaster wrote:You were buying parts for your car at a liquor store? :confused:
:D: :D: You nailed darph left. This was very cool! :cool: darph doesn't even drive a car left. He has a HUGE SUV with an entertainment center. I'd "assume" the tools he was buying were a bottle opener, corkscrew, & can holder. I'll lay odds on the can holder. :rolleyes: left, watch darph play his cards right & get a few free cases from DreTheLG. Should be interesting to follow. ;)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

JugglingFreak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by JugglingFreak » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:01 am

To totally blow tradition and bring this thread back to it's original topic.

Here is a picture that I referenced in a post on the "Snappy Answers" thread from over a year ago. (I think the statutes of limitation would have passed and I still pixelated the CM's face to avoid trouble)

This was outside of "Stitch's Great Escape" after it went 101:

To this day, one of my favorite pictures..

JF

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:38 pm

Having been in retailing, I can certainly relate to this thread. That is why I have tried my best not to be a SG while at WDW. We all have to work for a living and it is tough to deal with an inconsiderate person or persons that think the world revolves around them. Heck, they are on vacation so apparently everyone else is as well.

I admire you folks for keeping your cool as well as you do. You must have the patience of a saint.

:goofy: :goofy:

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:39 pm

MS,MS,MS.You know darn well I have a bottle opener on my key-chain,a corkscrew on my pocket-knife,and a can holder(the one hand I'm 'not' using to steer my BIG SUV.By the way,the state of Ariz classifies it as a station wagon,so :raspberry

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:44 pm

leftcoaster wrote:You were buying parts for your car at a liquor store? :confused:
Technically,I was at the liquor store to get 'tools'.
(you can't work on a car without beer.....it's the law) :rolleyes:

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:07 pm

darph nader wrote:Technically,I was at the liquor store to get 'tools'.
(you can't work on a car without beer.....it's the law) :rolleyes:

Amen brother, Amen. :biggulp:

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:23 am

darph nader wrote:MS,MS,MS.You know darn well I have a bottle opener on my key-chain,a corkscrew on my pocket-knife,and a can holder(the one hand I'm 'not' using to steer my BIG SUV.By the way,the state of Ariz classifies it as a station wagon,so :raspberry
I've got a bottle opener on my key-chain as well, but just in case I'm w/o my keys, my wife has a bottle opener on the bottom of her flip-flops, and if she fails to wear those, my flip-flops have a built in flask in each shoe, holding about 2-3 oz of liquid in both shoes. Enough for two 'singles' or one 'double' if i need it in a pinch :D:

If anyone is interested, they are made by Reef:

Bottle Opener:
http://www.reef.com/productdetail/guys/ ... ndals/2415

Flask:
http://www.reef.com/productdetail/guys/ ... ndals/2597

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."