Wearing IDs on stage and off the clock

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Wearing IDs on stage and off the clock

Post by Freak » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:19 pm

I think its ODV only, but I could be wrong.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:02 am

ttztotdca50 wrote:Is it all of Food and Beverage or just ODV? Because the cashiers at the Inn always ask if we're "ODV", not "F&B".
Freak wrote:I think its ODV only, but I could be wrong.
It is all Food & Beverage Cast Members. However, TSR and restaurant-based QSR Cast Members are required to obtain their drinks at their restaurants. California-Site ODV and many Florida-Site ODF Cast Members are allowed to get their drinks at Cast Commissaries since they work outdoors and obviously don't have a Soda Fountain in their central offices.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:27 am

Yeah, I was wrong. :p:
BUT. We don't get Minute Maid Juices. That is not part of the free beverage thing here @ DCA. (Or so the label they put on the juice machine says)

It sucks when I'm at the front of the park (Condor Flats, Hollywood, etc) because I really feel like most of my lunch is wasted walking to DCA Cafe, ESPECIALLY with the construction that's going on now. And points for clocking in late for a lunch = not worth free drink. I'll go get some Fanta-licious Orange Fanta off our good old vending machines. ($1.65, apparently Florida vending machines are cheaper, booooooo!)

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:49 pm

glendalais wrote:Not really (though I'm sure there's a provision on it somewhere). It's part of WDP&R Food & Beverage's Operating Guidelines. Most restaurants off-property do allow their employees free drinks, and Disney follows the industry standard in the matter.
That explains the parade of kitchen CMs I saw come out of the back at Contempo Cafe to use the soda machine last month. It did seem like bad show for them to come out of the back/kitchen area to get a drink to take back there, though.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:12 pm

delsdad wrote:That explains the parade of kitchen CMs I saw come out of the back at Contempo Cafe to use the soda machine last month. It did seem like bad show for them to come out of the back/kitchen area to get a drink to take back there, though.
I've seen one person gather drinks to take back to the staff working in the back at other restaurants. Seems like Disney would want to do the same thing.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."