Insanity taken to a new level

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: Insanity taken to a new level

Post by hobie16 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:41 pm

delsdad wrote:I have to disagree with you on this one Bru. No ones got a hate on for you here !
Told ya!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

goofyjoe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goofyjoe » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:59 pm

delsdad wrote: And I do agree with you regarding the fact that surely someone on those buses could have and should have given up their seat. I see this kind of ignorant behavior on the subway almost daily. It seems young able bodied males are the worst offenders on the trains. I stand every day, even if seats are open, I figure I am saving someone who needs a seat from standing. If I can stand , while in my 40's, I'll bet most of those high school kids can too.
It's even worse here in Boston. I live on the slowest and most crowded trolley line in the city, and it passes by or through at least two major universities. The trains are barely handicap-accessible (though some stops are raised and some trains have low doors for level entry by people with mobility impairments). And, there are never enough seats. What happens is that when an older person or someone with a disability gets on, the college kids bury their heads further into their books or turn their iPods up and pretend not to notice. I've been riding this train for years to and from work, and even if the train is not full, I almost never take a seat because I fully expect to give it to someone else. But common courtesy is not very common.

Perhaps some do have hidden disabilities, and I understand that. But that's not the case in most instances.

So, at WDW, I don't mind standing. In fact, they don't crowd the buses there nearly as tightly as they do here in Boston! So I can ride with it, and many other able-bodied young people can, but don't.

Gawrsh, yah-huh!

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:00 pm

Ice Bear wrote:Well sorry but this is really ????? I'm not going to w trite what I think. :mad:

There is NO way you can tell people are able to stand during a bus ride. No one can see that I'm fighting cancer. I'm just back from the hospital and they found two new spots.
So you could demand to make me give a seat to somebody that is disabled and make me stand?

And please please lets not forget that many of the EVC users don't really need one. I'm still advocating the plain fact that Disney should ask for proof if some one is using the ADA law.
Sorry, those idiots in Washington want no questions to be asked. It's much more fun if the door is left open and anyone can walk through it. It's way more fun to make everyone suspect even if there is no reason for them to be. Wonderful system.

And, btw, how do you know those people don't need the EVC. Do you have inside information that the rest of us don't?
lilogirl wrote:Yeah I kinda have a problem with this as well. As far as I know I don't have a tattoo on my forehead with my issues. So if you look at me you would judge incorrectly that I can stand on a bus. (And I say you as a general "you" not to tick anyone off). I would have a major issue if I have waited for the next bus to insure that I had a seat and had a bus driver or anyone else for that matter try to shame me into giving up my seat.
Oh, for God's sake...get a grip. I wouldn't make someone with a problem move. All you would have to do is tell me. I would rely on honesty. If everyone decides that they can use the same excuse regardless of it's authenticity...will that sucks and you should be addressing the federal group that decided that they would make a rule so blatantly stupid that it does way more harm then good. Do you think I should just let the person fall? If so, then I don't care about you or your problem because you obviously have no compassion either. If you would prefer that this person get injured so you "legally" don't have to divulge your problem to anyone, then my burden will be lighter because I can now share the guilt with you and your pride.

Somebody someplace decided that it is shameful to have a disability and in order to save face one needs to hide it from everyone. Let them guess. Let the multitude of people that are ready to jump on to every conceivable loophole the government imagines up profit from someone elses problems. What the heck we all have the ability to read minds don't we?

:goofy: :goofy:

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:29 pm

Goofyernmost. You mean you CANT read minds? That just might be a disability,have a GAC. (sorry)

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

lilogirl
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by lilogirl » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:14 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:Sorry, those idiots in Washington want no questions to be asked. It's much more fun if the door is left open and anyone can walk through it. It's way more fun to make everyone suspect even if there is no reason for them to be. Wonderful system.

And, btw, how do you know those people don't need the EVC. Do you have inside information that the rest of us don't?

Oh, for God's sake...get a grip. I wouldn't make someone with a problem move. All you would have to do is tell me. I would rely on honesty. If everyone decides that they can use the same excuse regardless of it's authenticity...will that sucks and you should be addressing the federal group that decided that they would make a rule so blatantly stupid that it does way more harm then good. Do you think I should just let the person fall? If so, then I don't care about you or your problem because you obviously have no compassion either. If you would prefer that this person get injured so you "legally" don't have to divulge your problem to anyone, then my burden will be lighter because I can now share the guilt with you and your pride.

Somebody someplace decided that it is shameful to have a disability and in order to save face one needs to hide it from everyone. Let them guess. Let the multitude of people that are ready to jump on to every conceivable loophole the government imagines up profit from someone elses problems. What the heck we all have the ability to read minds don't we?
Wow! You read a lot into what I wrote that I did not say. My point was,we take responsibility for our needs. (If you are the one bus driver who is willing to help, wonderful. But most have the opinion you expressed "don't care, not my problem"). As far as being ashamed, yeah that is not me. We don't hide.

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:47 am

goofyjoe wrote:It's even worse here in Boston. I live on the slowest and most crowded trolley line in the city, and it passes by or through at least two major universities. The trains are barely handicap-accessible (though some stops are raised and some trains have low doors for level entry by people with mobility impairments). And, there are never enough seats. What happens is that when an older person or someone with a disability gets on, the college kids bury their heads further into their books or turn their iPods up and pretend not to notice. I've been riding this train for years to and from work, and even if the train is not full, I almost never take a seat because I fully expect to give it to someone else. But common courtesy is not very common.

Perhaps some do have hidden disabilities, and I understand that. But that's not the case in most instances.

So, at WDW, I don't mind standing. In fact, they don't crowd the buses there nearly as tightly as they do here in Boston! So I can ride with it, and many other able-bodied young people can, but don't.
When we went to Bermuda (years ago) one of the things that MOST impressed us were the kids on the bus. We decided to check out the island and didn't want to rent a vehicle ourselves because of their driving on the other side of the road from what we are used to, so instead we decided on their public transportation system. Every time we got on the bus, there were school children on there that jumped up and offered us their seat and then stood there and talked to us about the places that we had seen so far and offered suggestions on other spots of interest. So unlike most of the youth in THIS country.

Notatourist
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Notatourist » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:46 am

And speaking from the "you don't look sick" book. As you guys know, I'm on Chemo. I have my hair, I have great color but I also have nueropathy, which makes walking long distances painful.

You can't tell what I have. I have the honor of taking the access bus to chemo where I meet others in the same boat who might be blind (they are so ajusted to where they are going that they can tell you things you never even knew where there).

In the parks and I work for the competition, I find it wonderful to help folks in these situations. I just want the same for me when I really need a seat.

OH and Bru, no one hates you here. STOP IT. You know you're loved.

I'm not a tourist cause I work there...

DragonFox98
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by DragonFox98 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:20 pm

Bru, there is only love for you here. Begone, haters!!!! ;)

Welcome, Keanefan!!!!

And I'm in the crowd of "hey, I may not look sick, but...." I'm lucky, I budget to rent a car whenever we go away. I don't think I could hack standing in line for the bus, much less stand on the bus. I was in a severe car accident seven years ago (needless to say, it was horrible to be the firefighter who NEEDED extricating) that left my lower back a mess. Being preggers with Quinn (just the last two months) was excruciating. Anyway, I digress....I walk around the parks, but now I do so VERY slowly. And I take lots of breaks to sit down. If there's a bench, I'll find it. I feel for those that have to use the Disney transportation system (sorry, Cranbiz!!! - I'm referring the the wait times and the standing/sitting), but I love the freedom and ease of having the car.

ziplu
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by ziplu » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:20 pm

LadySiren wrote:Well-said, Bru. My kids know better than to sit while someone else who needs the seat more stands. A little common sense and courtesy goes a long way.
As do mine. And that I believe is the main problem these days is kids are not taught courtesy anymore.

Ice Bear
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Ice Bear » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:22 am

Goofyernmost wrote: And, btw, how do you know those people don't need the EVC. Do you have inside information that the rest of us don't?
Only comparing material. Disney Paris asks for proof and on a really busy day like Christmas you will hardly see any EVC.
That park is very strict on giving the "Carte Blue"as they call it and it works .
Only those with a legit letter from there doctor gets access to the handicapped lines.
The only problem they have are big mouthing guests from across the ocean that think they can get the Carte Blue easy and without proof :D:
( a friend of mine works there as CM )