Just thought you'd like an update on me....

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: Just thought you'd like an update on me....

Post by DisneyMom » Sun May 09, 2010 11:30 am

Can you use the Church's address?

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue May 11, 2010 5:53 pm

Tried that before I got the P.O. Box--no go.
Had two interviews yesterday for longer term housing--American Family and Colette's Children's Home, which despite it's name also serves single women. Tomorrow I have to call American Family, wait to see if Colette's calls back, then go to a walk-in interview at WISE Place for Women.

Anyway, one of them told me that there's a homeless court there in the probation department in Civic Center, but when I asked there, nobody knew about it. Also was told to talk to a lady named Spring, last name unknown, who is said to be able to help me re: my sister. Anybody have any info?

dawn
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by dawn » Wed May 12, 2010 12:12 pm

felinefan wrote:Tried that before I got the P.O. Box--no go.
Had two interviews yesterday for longer term housing--American Family and Colette's Children's Home, which despite it's name also serves single women. Tomorrow I have to call American Family, wait to see if Colette's calls back, then go to a walk-in interview at WISE Place for Women.

Anyway, one of them told me that there's a homeless court there in the probation department in Civic Center, but when I asked there, nobody knew about it. Also was told to talk to a lady named Spring, last name unknown, who is said to be able to help me re: my sister. Anybody have any info?
The homeless count probably isn't what you're looking for. Here's the description from the Orange county courts website
"HOMELESS OUTREACH COURT
The Homeless Outreach Court is convened at four community locations. The goal of the Court is to resolve the infractions, low-level misdemeanor offenses, and outstanding warrants of homeless individuals, while providing them with links to necessary supportive services.
http://www.stupidguesttricks.com/newrep ... &p=307623#
The program is a collaborative effort of the Superior Court, the Public Defender, the Public Law Center, the Veterans Administration, the Health Care Agency, the County Department of Housing and Community Services, local law enforcement agencies, and several homeless services providers from the community.

Participation in agency programs and community service are substituted for the traditional court sanctions of fines and custody."

However, legal aid should be able to help you. Their Santa Ana office is at 2101 N. Tustin Ave. I'm not familiar with public transit in Orange County - but it looks like the bus will get you almost to their front door from Isiah house with only one transfer.

Notatourist
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Notatourist » Fri May 14, 2010 12:22 am

Do you have a copy of the will? That helps as well. I feel so bad that I can't help you more felinefan....life just makes you scream sometimes. You are in my thoughts though and you will come through this.

I'm not a tourist cause I work there...

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Fri May 14, 2010 9:19 pm

She said mom had no will, but sis didn't make out the form 13100 that all heirs need to sign stating assets/division of same when someone dies intestate in California. Do not know what circumstances Father died under, but no doubt sis took all assets and divided them up without FelineFan benefitting. :mad:
Maybe a call to Legal Aid would be a start? Maybe Orange County/ Riverside County Superior Court has Forms/ advice online? :confused:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat May 15, 2010 4:14 pm

Dad died from a heart attack due to a gastric bleed, his organs failed shortly thereafter, and he pulled his O2. I seem to remember his calling and asking about our SSNs, etc., for probate, but that was years ago. Law center is too close for comfort from sister's home--don't want her or her kids to see me. I'm on my last couple minutes at the library. Will check back later.

Notatourist
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Notatourist » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:52 pm

felinefan wrote:Dad died from a heart attack due to a gastric bleed, his organs failed shortly thereafter, and he pulled his O2. I seem to remember his calling and asking about our SSNs, etc., for probate, but that was years ago. Law center is too close for comfort from sister's home--don't want her or her kids to see me. I'm on my last couple minutes at the library. Will check back later.
Haven't heard from you, you doing okay?

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:20 pm

Yes, the only thing being lately my right hand has been tingling and hurting whenever I use the computer, work (I do janitorial at my church 2 days a week), etc.. It went into my arm, now it's mostly back in my hand, especially the middle and ring fingers. Sometimes I get pain and tingling just below my right big toe. Can't figure out what's with that. Friends on another board said do neck exercises, but those don't help much. Also suggested coking my hand back while sleeping--they suggested a splint, but I keep forgetting to get my Ace bandage out of storage--but now that hurts to do it.

The past month and a half we've been living either outside or in the garage because of construction in the house; I was in the garage until someone complained about my gas problem--I'd love to start a thread titled Stupid Shelter Tricks, but can't get enough computer time--so the past month I've been sleeping outside. Of course, that means we only have access to one shower room, so they got a couple of portapotties. I've been having a bad case of the runs ever since, until I started drinking milk as often as possible, as well as eating yogurt. That seems to help. Fortunately, the work in the house is finishing early, so we may be back inside the beginning of next month.

Haven't heard from my friend who was caring for Tripod as to whether or not her ashes have arrived yet, along with the urn I picked out. Oh, somebbody at church needs a housekeeper part-time, and later on today I have to call them about that. Don't know how much they'll pay, but any amount is better than none! I seem to have more luck getting jobs from people I know than people I don't know. I hope to have a credit union account soon.

Notatourist
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Notatourist » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:22 pm

Good deal and thanks for the update.

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:16 pm

felinefan wrote: Oh, somebbody at church needs a housekeeper part-time, and later on today I have to call them about that. Don't know how much they'll pay, but any amount is better than none! I seem to have more luck getting jobs from people I know than people I don't know. I hope to have a credit union account soon.
Keep at it Felinefan! The truth is that MOST jobs seem to be filled through connections. I have refereed many jobs to friends and friends to jobs that I knew were about to open up. Most people would rather hire a friend of a friend than a stranger, its just human nature. Although my experiance has all been in my trade, I know of many other people who got their jobs because they persued a position that was not even posted. They people you know (in California, some of us are geographically disadvantaged!) will be the ones you find employment through. With your good attitude, someone will come across a position that you will fit right into, tell you about it, and away you'll go !