Unattended Items

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Unattended Items

Post by darph nader » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:29 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:Ah, well, there's the problem. You are assuming that this fellow was able use such things as "logic" and "common sense". Apparently, such thought processes are foreign to him. I am pretty sure the judge will introduce him to these concepts, if his wife hasn't done so in a more direct manner (say, with a nice large clue-by-four).
Well Patch,(may I call you Patch?),if 'everyone' had logic and common sense,we wouldn't be here. :(

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:36 pm

darph nader wrote:Well Patch,(may I call you Patch?),if 'everyone' had logic and common sense,we wouldn't be here. :(
Oh, we might still be here, just for a different reason! Why, we might be here, sharing the stories of how certain guests were exceptionally nice!

Ah, to dream the impossible dream....

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:39 pm

leftcoaster wrote:Not quite sure where this fits, but I figured this might be a good place for it:

http://www.970wfla.com/cc-common/news/s ... le=6879762

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - The father of a 4-month-old girl was charged with child neglect after police say he left the infant for two hours in bushes near Universal Studios in Orlando while he searched for the baby's mother.
Only thing that surprises me is that the news day must have been slow. This is not a surprising 'unattended item'. Sad, but oh well..

MAPO

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:18 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:Ah, well, there's the problem. You are assuming that this fellow was able use such things as "logic" and "common sense". Apparently, such thought processes are foreign to him. I am pretty sure the judge will introduce him to these concepts, if his wife hasn't done so in a more direct manner (say, with a nice large clue-by-four).
Not likely. Both had remarkably high blood alcohol levels when arrested. Her too, which is why DCF got the kid.

Zazu

Teddykeiko86
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Teddykeiko86 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:34 pm

It amazes me that people come in to lost and found crying that their purse was stolen with all their passports, phones, wallets with $100 + cash, keys and what not in it.

Conversation goes as follows :
Me : was the purse was stolen from your grasp?
SG: no
Me: did you set it down somewhere?
SG: Yes
Me: Where did you last see it?
SG: I set it down outside of ( RIDE NAME ) in the grass.
Me: How long did you set it there for?
SG: I put it there because I didn't want to pay for the lockers at the ride
( preface: No room in station for the bags of 30+ people, therefore lockers are needed, small fee is for upkeep and locker maintenance)
Me: you left your bag unattended in the dirt to go on a ride
SG: Yes, but I hid it and now it is stolen!!!!! We were only gone for an hour...
Me: Ma'am I am sorry your bag has gone missing...
SG: STOLEN!!!!! I think some ( insert minority) stole it, they were sitting around there when I left it
Me: Ma'am I apologize, but we can't be responsible for stolen articles, especially if you voluntarily left it out of your possession.
SG: Well can't you search people?
Me: I am sorry, but I can't do that.
Me: It is possible that security picked up the back and is bringing to us. They pick up any unattended items and bring them here, so they are not stolen.
SG: No they are not, I didn't see security on my way here...

Okay so you can imagine how this goes...
It is sad the personal accountability is dead and people can't take responsibility for their actions.

SmallWorldGuy76
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SmallWorldGuy76 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:41 pm

Teddykeiko86 wrote:It amazes me that people come in to lost and found crying that their purse was stolen with all their passports, phones, wallets with $100 + cash, keys and what not in it.

Conversation goes as follows :
Me : was the purse was stolen from your grasp?
SG: no
Me: did you set it down somewhere?
SG: Yes
Me: Where did you last see it?
SG: I set it down outside of ( RIDE NAME ) in the grass.
Me: How long did you set it there for?
SG: I put it there because I didn't want to pay for the lockers at the ride
( preface: No room in station for the bags of 30+ people, therefore lockers are needed, small fee is for upkeep and locker maintenance)
Me: you left your bag unattended in the dirt to go on a ride
SG: Yes, but I hid it and now it is stolen!!!!! We were only gone for an hour...
Me: Ma'am I am sorry your bag has gone missing...
SG: STOLEN!!!!! I think some ( insert minority) stole it, they were sitting around there when I left it
Me: Ma'am I apologize, but we can't be responsible for stolen articles, especially if you voluntarily left it out of your possession.
SG: Well can't you search people?
Me: I am sorry, but I can't do that.
Me: It is possible that security picked up the back and is bringing to us. They pick up any unattended items and bring them here, so they are not stolen.
SG: No they are not, I didn't see security on my way here...

Okay so you can imagine how this goes...
It is sad the personal accountability is dead and people can't take responsibility for their actions.
Why anyone would hide their purse in the dirt just to be cheap not to pay for a locker is beyond me! I hate to say this but it serves them right!

[font=Georgia]SmallWorldGuy76[/font]
:oscar: "Scram!"

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:56 pm

Teddykeiko86 wrote: SG: STOLEN!!!!! I think some ( insert minority) stole it, they were sitting around there when I left it
Of course some (insert minority) stole your purse. That's an excellent way to deflect your stupidity.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:24 pm

hobie16 wrote:Of course some (insert minority) stole your purse. That's an excellent way to deflect your stupidity.
Maybe it was another 'idiot'. :mad:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:51 pm

darph nader wrote:Maybe it was another 'idiot'. :mad:
There must be a formula to map out idiots attracting idiots.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:07 am

technically, she abandoned her property.

I would have chided her for not throwing trash in the trash can!

hehehehe

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?