The hardest question known to man:...How many in your Party?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: The hardest question known to man:...How many in your Party?

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:31 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:Protip: If you want to get everyone in the photo, instead of leaving someone out to hold the camera, most Photopas Photogs are nice enough that if you wait in line, they'll snap a quick shot of you with YOUR camera. (At least that's been my experience.) Free picture, without stealing. Mind you not as swank as the pro camera pictures, they're only as good as YOUR camera,and none of the "Magic" shots will work, but hey, at least you're not being a sneak thief if you do it that way, eh?

8^)
This applies to nearly all CMs. If the CM isn't busy with another guest or in an position they can't leave even to go a few feet most will be glad to take your photo.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

shinysparklybubbles
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by shinysparklybubbles » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:57 pm

Kifaru wrote:ah, but is it the correct day?
it will be in a few days! haha

wicked
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by wicked » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:10 am

Princess Susi wrote:Excuse me? You don't FEEL like paying for a picture....Wow...If everyone felt that way about paying for something they thought was too expensive...hmmmm?

No, Disney is NOT stealing from you. You have a choice. Buy the picture or do not buy the picture. Don't have the picture taken if you cannot afford to buy it and know you are not going to buy it. If you think that it is okay for you to steal the picture from the Disney website just because you think Disney charges too much and you consider that stealing, you have a skewed view of right and wrong IMO.

I am sorry, but Disney is NOT stealing. They have offered you a service and you used the service at the Park and now you are going to steal the result of the service. That is just plain wrong. It is stealing. It is always your choice to buy the picture or not. And you have a choice at the Park, to not use the service of the photographers OR have the photographer use your camera to take a picture as well. We always do that and then we have the picture in our camera. I usually will buy the CD of photos from Disney as well because they are well shot and very nice. I would NEVER steal a picture from a Disney website. It is illegal. It is theft and you could be prosecuted for it. Really. And if you work there, you could also lose your job for stealing from the company. Is it worth the risk to you?

well that's just to bad ad what Disney doesn't know can't hurt them...and I'm assuming that I'm not the only one who does it...and for my defense I have bought at least one picture but it's the same quality as on my camera so what's the big deal...if they pictures on the website and I'm able to look at them there is always of way of copying them...so...

Trips to Disneyland- 05,06,07,08,08,08-09,10
Trips to WDW- 93,97

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:24 am

wicked wrote:well that's just to bad ad what Disney doesn't know can't hurt them...and I'm assuming that I'm not the only one who does it...and for my defense I have bought at least one picture but it's the same quality as on my camera so what's the big deal...if they pictures on the website and I'm able to look at them there is always of way of copying them...so...
But in that example, if everyone jumped off a bridge, would you do that too? Just because "everyone does it" doesn't make it right.

And why would you want to steal from the company you are going to work for?

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:47 am

wicked wrote:well that's just to bad ad what Disney doesn't know can't hurt them...and I'm assuming that I'm not the only one who does it...and for my defense I have bought at least one picture but it's the same quality as on my camera so what's the big deal...if they pictures on the website and I'm able to look at them there is always of way of copying them...so...
The BIG deal is you are stealing. :mad: I said it before, you have a skewed sense of what is right and wrong. Taking a picture from a Disney website that is mean't to be paid for is STEALING!!! You cannot pretty it up by "well other people do it" My mom used to say if "so and so jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge, would you jump off it too?"

As far as your statement "What Disney does not know, won't hurt them", just wait til you DO get caught. It always happens. You start stealing the pictures, what is to stop you stealing other items because Disney is charging too much and "stealing from you"? You are getting away with it and you'll get careless and next thing you know, you are busted by Disney! It WILL happen! You need to take a good look at yourself in the mirror and ask why you think it is right. A really good reality check would do you good. The fact that you have to make excuses for it, shows you KNOW it is wrong to do.

You have many excuses about why you steal and all of them are wrong! They are excuses to make you feel better about yourself when you steal. When you are stealing, no excuse is acceptable. I wonder if the Company you are planning to work for would do if they knew. They certainly do not condone theft. You probably would be fired as I said before. YOU need to set a good example for guests.

Also when you and others steal, prices go up for the rest of us as Disney loses $$$ with every theft. You are no better than the SG's who come to the Park and try to steal merchandise.

So if I come to WDW and find a shirt that I really like, but I think it is just too expensive, and I buy other items, so I do give them some money for items, it is then okay for me to steal the shirt because after all I HAVE paid for items in the past and this is just too expensive for me.

Remember, it is always your choice to pay for or steal the photo. You choose the ethically and legally wrong choice. Wow. And you want to be a CM for the company you steal from. A double wow! Wow! :eek:

Remind me if I ever meet you at the Parks to you avoid you as a CM. YOU are NOT what Disney looks for in a CM! At All! You are what they want to avoid.

You make your choices and if you won't listen to any of the posters here who have advised you of the same thing, many of them CM's already, you have a problem with ethics and the difference between right and wrong. YOU try to turn the facts around so they suit your version of why it is okay to steal. It is NEVER okay to steal.

It is all up to you whether you decide to start doing the right thing.

And that is all I have to say about it.

Princess

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:28 pm

As a certain Terror Who Flaps In The Night once put it, "Stealin' is stealin'".

It does not matter that it was not a physical item that was stolen. In this case, the image itself is the property. You want that image, you pay the price the owner has set. Don't think it is worth that price, then don't buy it, but you don't have the right to use it, ether. It matters not how many folks might also be stealing. If a rash of car thefts occurred, it doesn't mean the laws against car theft are no longer valid. It does not matter that the owner is very rich and could afford to give one away for free. It is still the owner's property, and the owner does not have to give away anything just because "they can afford it".

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:32 pm

Wicked, I don't think your parents loved you very much. If they did, they would've pounded into your head that stealing is wrong. I used to work as a security guard, and you should've heard the excuses people came up with to justify their shoplifting when I was working for a store. Some kids said an adult told them it was okay. Adults were teaching kids to do this, because kids get lesser charges filed against them because of their age. Then there are the kleptomaniacs who have good jobs, no money problems, but because they are so insecure they feel the need to steal. There was one case where a couple claimed they stole the cartons of cigarettes they were caught with were going to be sold so they could buy food for their kids. They turned out to have nearly $30 on them. Why didn't they get food stamps? And of course there were the kids who stole for kicks.
You certainly picked a good handle for yourself. If the mods knew your real name, they'd give a heads up to Cast Relations not to hire you. Have you ever really looked at a job application? Being caught and charged with a felony like stealing, can really screw you. The only jobs you will be able to get will be dinky little minimum wage jobs, because you will never be trusted again. Look ahead to the future--how do you suppose that will affect your retirement benefits? Most people in my generation thought they'd be able to retire when they hit 62, but now they're finding that they're going to have to either continue working until 70, or until they drop dead, because the cost of living is just too expensive. Stealing can really mess your life up, no doubt about it. By the way, have you ever thought that maybe if you steal from others, others might steal from you? What goes around comes around, karma is a bitch, and you reap what you sow. If you're smart, you'll contact everyone you stole from and make restitution before it's too late.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:01 pm

Gotta ask. Your sig states, "Disneyland College Program 2008 Aug-Jan 09 (ODV)." How did you feel when someone tried to steal stuff from your cart? Did you laugh and let them go or did you run the bastard down and pound his/her ass into the pavement?

Just wondering.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:43 pm

Just for clarity, wicked, plug these same arguments into a different scenario: You're on trial for embezzling $100,000 from a bank, and it's your turn on the witness stand. Your defenses? (1) The bank didn't notice the money missing; (2) Other people have embezzled money; (3) I made a legitimate withdrawal on the same day that I stole the rest; and (4) The bank's accounting software made it easy for me to transfer the money.

Just how far do you think you'd get with the jury? :p:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:27 pm

OKAY,,,,,,wicked strayed down the wrong path. So how many people/paying customers/living bodies are in your group? :confused:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.